“I wish I could be happier with Emily's”

Emily's Bakery & Deli
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Hastings
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love Emily's bakery goods, breads, cakes, pies, donuts. It's local at its best. I avoid the deli area. I have tried 3 times the deli area for different things and have been greatly disappointed in the rudeness of the counter people: Once I asked for soup and the counter person took great pains to remind me they close in 10 minutes and it took forever for them to fetch it. It was cold. I got a deli tray for a funeral and when I stopped to pick it up early I was rudely told it wouldn't be ready for a while. When trying to pinpoint the time it would be ready they told me it would be ready when the order slip told them (noon instead of 10). Final time was ordering a sandwich. It seemed no one wanted to be bothered to make said sandwich. So, Emily, if you're listening, please tell your staff to lighten up, appreciate the customers, and do what they're supposed to be doing when they're working. They're driving me away!

2  Thank 2paradise

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Every time I try Emily's I am disappointed. Their fruit items skimp on the fruit. There is little flavor in them. Their cookies are dry. The baked goods are heavy and tasteless. The breads are dry and tasteless . They are too expensive for the quality. And the customer service lacks customer skills -- they are usually rude. The coffee is watered down and too expensive for a 6-8oz per cup. CUB bakery has more flavor, fruit, and moistness. I never suggest this bakery as a choice in town. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We semi-regularly go here, especially when we have company over, and pick up a big assorted box of goodies. For being a non-grocery-store bakery, the prices are great. You gotta get there early, though, because I've missed out on some of my favorites before.

Love Emily's! The ONLY THING keeping it from going to a 5 is they don't have any really neat unique stuff like some other bakeries have. But that's just my opinion :)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Emily's has the best donuts I've ever eaten. It also has the best cookies, bars, cakes, pies, kolaches, etc. (you get the idea). If you want a cake that melts in your mouth, try a dream cake.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The best baked goods anywhere. Breads, sweet rolls, cookies, cakes or pies. the deli offers great soups and salads and a good variety. A great treat anytime.