“Wonderful Inn for a getaway to remember”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street
Ranked #1 of 3 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Rosewood has become our favorite romantic getaway. My boyfriend and I were impressed by the Rosewood's website, and even more thrilled with the inn upon arrival. The Rosewood Inn is complimented by the warmth of the innkeepers-Pam and Dick, along with their friendly and helpful staff. The exterior of the Rosewood is absolutely beautiful. The attention to historical detail outside (and inside) this lovely bed and breakfast is remarkable. Pam takes the time to show her guests the premises; which reminded us of a quaint, very clean European Inn. The pantry was super yummy with goodies such as a bottomless jar of homemade cookies alongside a steaming pot of freshly brewed coffee. It was wonderful to tour the home and learn the history that accompanies it. We stayed in the gorgeous solarium and loved every minute of it. There is something about seeing the stars as you drift to sleep, or waking to soft rain falling on the rafters. Pam and Dick have great attention to detail, and it does not go unnoticed. The homemade breakfast was delicious and hearty. We can see why the bacon is famous. Thank you Pam and Dick for a visit to remember. We look forward to future visits. Warmly-Stephanie and Michael

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie S

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Rosewood Inn has been a feature stopping point for our team for a number of years so the reputation preceded our visit. Having never been there myself I was a little dubious that a B&B could really be so great, but I was not disappointed! The whole place is absolutely charming from top to bottom! Every room is different and infused with the love and care of its owners, Pam and Dick. I stayed in "the Cove", an adorable attic room up on the 3rd floor where the whirlpool bath is right next to the alcove bed, it was my ultimate room, so charming, adorable, cozy and luxurious! I loved the special touches of homemade cookies, the finest herbal teas, natural soaps, bathroom tissue rolled into roses and a lot more! I would have loved to move in, I felt so at home!

Room Tip: I loved my room on the 3rd floor, but I think they are all amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank runningdevendra
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've been coming here since 1995 and it is a huge favorite!!. This place is absolutely perfect from the moment you walk in the door. The ambiance is wonderfully relaxing, the hosts Dick and Pam make everyone feel at home.

I found myself not wanting to fall alseep lest I miss out on my limited time at this beautiful period place.

Pam, the owner, is a remarkable cook and you will love breakfast - unforgettable!!!

All the rooms have huge jacuzzi tubs to soak in along with fireplaces. I've never stayed in winter but can only imagine the coziness of it.

Guests have their choice of rooms - each with a certain theme. All rooms come stocked with lots of interesting books and there is a fascinating library.

Hastings is a lovely town with a very cute main street - I got a discount from the Creative Confectionaire a local chocolate maker due to my stay at the Rosewood.

Probably the best thing about the Rosewood is the inherent kindness which Dick and Pam embody. Their generous spirit is a breath of fresh air and something which is preserved and perpetuated through their beautiful bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Water-Reality
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Rosewood is our favorite B & B. We just celebrated our 19th anniversary there. The food is delicious. Pam (one of the Innkeepers) is so hospitable and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The Inn is charming; each room has a special feature. We have been able to spend most of our anniversaries at Rosewood. We also often choose to "stay in" for dinner and enjoy the wonderful chicken and cabbage Panade. We will definitely be returning and recommend this Inn to anyone looking to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at the Classic Rosewood Inn in Hastings, MN to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the Inn, the Innkeepers, and the town. The Inn is filled with charm and classic beauty. The food was amazing, and Pam (one of the Innkeepers) gave a wonderful historical account of both the Inn itself as well as the town of Hastings. She had excellent recommendations of things to do during our stay and we came away feeling relaxed and fulfilled at the same time! Our room felt like our own private haven. We will definately be back and recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a romantic get away.

Room Tip: The Cove was our favorite room. It had a hottub, fireplace, and it's own private sitting area...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth T
Reviewed May 31, 2012

After hearing and reading about this B&B, my friend and I decided to check it out and have a mini-getaway! We were both super excited to stay here only to find that it was not as lovely as in the photos. Don't get me wrong, I think the place is still unique with all the decor and various rooms but it was not kept up well - there were cob webs throughout the house and in the rooms including a few dead houseflies not picked up. I really wanted to stay in the Solarium but glad not to since it was musty in there and I noticed a spider lingering around as I checked out the room. I originally thought it was just the room to be unclean but this was revealed throughtout the stay which was disappointing and didn't seem to be relaxing because of it. I have stayed at a few B&B's and this one was the least clean of them, unfortunately.

I do want to say that the service was great! Pam is very friendly and it was nice to have a choice of where to sit in the morning for breakfast - as they try to accomodate to you. My friend and I enjoyed the breakfast!

I don't like giving negative reviews but as I like receiving honest reviews from people, I thought it would be necessary to provide my honest feedback. If it was a lot cleaner, I would give this place a 4 or a 5.

Room Tip: It is ideal to check out a place before booking, however, it is understandable not to since you woul...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ForAdventuresandFun
classicrosewood, Owner at The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments on your stay and referencing anything that was less than perfect for us to make amends. Wishing it would have been critiqued a little sooner than eight months after your stay and feel terrible that this is what you remembered. That to us is quite disturbing. There is quite simply nothing more important than our guests’ comfort. We spray the outside of the inn (every spring and fall) with an organic spray as the ladybugs and box elders try to get in. Sometimes that makes any insect drop dead wherever they happen to be. We are sorry you came across any during your stay. We take this critique very seriously and are very serious about upkeep and service. Dick and Pam Thorsen

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying in the Classic Rosewood Inn recently as we were passing through Minnesota and enjoyed our stay immensely. The Inn has a quirky charm to it, the breakfast was delicious and the hosts are very informative and have a very definite love of the area and the preservation of the local architecture. We stayed in the most inexpensive room (The Isabelle Suite) but at no time did we ever feel that our treatment was any different that what was given to guests in the higher priced accommodation. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BBreb

Thank you so much for your kind words. We so enjoyed serving you. Dont forget to come back for the car shows (every other Saturday for the entire summer) another classic experience. Dick and Pam Thorsen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
St. James Hotel
#7 of 9 in Red Wing
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson

Been to The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street? Share your experiences!