“Always a Favorite when in Hastings!”
Review of Bierstube

Bierstube
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Hastings
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I always have to eat at the Bierstube whenever in Hastings! Having lived in Hastings throughout most of the 80's, we ate there quite a bit. The menu has greatly expanded from those early days and in my opinion has only gotten better! I always prefer to eat in the original bar and open kitchen area, while I'm sure many consider it "aged" or "outdated", it brings back many great memories from long ago when original owner "Larry" would always come and sit with us a bit while we sipped a cold beverage and waited for our delicious sizzling Heart steaks (great for the lighter appetite!) So I suppose I could be a bit nostalgic and biased, but it is STILL my restaurant of choice when in the area!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This sports bar had a number of tv's on various college football games. We ordered a reuben and German potato salad. Both were good. We didn't feel a good connection with our waitress but she would show up just as we began to wonder where she was.

1  Thank europewithKellynRyan
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I see the reason my Dad and wife wanted to stop here on the way home. Very well worth it. German and American food done the way family would make for generations. Restaurant was packed and the service was still top notch and very family friendly. Great prices and food as well as cold beers. Das ist gut.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've eaten lunch at the Bierstube and definitely won't be the last. They have some German specialties on their menu that taste great and they are very generous in their portions.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Bierstube establishment has been around Hastings for some time. They serve the typical bar and grill cuisine plus have some German entrees. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the German food, but it was good. There are probably places in the Cities that specilaize in that kind of food, the Bierstube is mostly American fare. But what I love most about the Bierstube is the Sunday brunch buffet. It is inexpensive and you can order a custom omlet or a stack of cakes and french toast.