“Definitely worth it”
Review of Extreme Sandbox

Extreme Sandbox
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Hastings
More attraction details
Owner description: Come play on an excavator or bulldozer for fun! We offer customers the unique opportunity to experience heavy equipment in safe and controlled environment. We let the kid in you play!
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I took my son to this as part of a dad/son day. At first, he was reluctant to go but decided he would "do me a favor." After all, he had to get up before 11 AM over his school break - how could I do this to him? Anyway, the guys are very nice and engaging. My son completely warmed up to the idea and had a great time. We went with the excavator obstacle course and it was a lot of fun. Although my son was 15 he had no trouble using the equipment and would definitely go back again. You should definitely do this one but I would recommend the excavator over anything else they have.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

For 20 years I listened to my husband wish he could operate big machinery (he is a computer programmer guy whose strengths are not in being mechanically inclined). And now, thanks to Extreme Sandbox, his dream came true.

We arrived a little early so we could watch the group ahead of him to get the gist of what he would experience. Randy greeted us and made us both feel we were in good hands. After the standard safety video and discussion afterwards, Randy waited until all of my husband's questions were answered before we headed outside.

Randy, my husband, and I all put on our headsets so we could communicate. I was escorted to the spectator's stands and my husband was brought to the "big escavator" which was clean and air conditioned. The adventure began, and my husband operated the machinery like a pro with the step-by-step instructions from Randy. After his time on the equipment was over, my husband was pleased with his experience, and now thinking of things he could do with big machinery during retirement!!

This activity would be suitable for anyone that wants to get out of their comfort zone, while being safe. I understand that women "usually" make better students as they are better listeners to the instructions. So women, do not hesitate in signing up for this activity!!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband was so excited to get this gift certificate since he's always wanted to operate some of that big construction equipment, but the experience itself was beyond what he anticipated. He couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had, how great Luke was in directing him through the entire process, from the introductory video to the detailed operation of the excavator while digging holes and working through the obstacle course. Everything about this experience is FUN for guys (and gals) of all ages--my husband is 71. He's hoping to find another gift certificate for Extreme Sandbox in his future!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staff was friendly and fun and gave great instructions - made me feel competent in no time. The equipment is brand new and comfortable and Todd was a lot of fun to learn from. The time went by too fast. One note - upgrade from the skid-steer, the excavators are way more fun. Wish I had had 3 hours to play instead of just one.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just an excellent fun time at the site with the trainer. Fun with the machine. G-kids had a blast.. steve

1  Thank Lynn W