“Good idea, Great Staff!”
Review of Extreme Sandbox

Extreme Sandbox
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Hastings
More attraction details
Owner description: Come play on an excavator or bulldozer for fun! We offer customers the unique opportunity to experience heavy equipment in safe and controlled environment. We let the kid in you play!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

By itself, messing around with Construction equipment didn't really get me excited. Frankly, I grew up on a farm so big equipment isn't a novelty. In my teen years, I worked a couple summer jobs with some real jackhole construction crews chiefs. Being around big machines with someone barking in my ear was not immediately enticing.
Boy, was I wrong. Every part of the process was amusing, if not downright enjoyable. The way the staff conducted the session, how the tasks were structured and, moreover, and the way visitors were treated made the whole experience fantastic. It would be impossible to do this and not have a blast!

There are newer reviews for Extreme Sandbox

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I received from my wife for a birthday gift. I could not have imagined how much fun I had. Randy is a hoot. I cannot say enough good. Everyone else got it right with the process no sense repeating. Thank Randy!!!

Henry

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My 16 year old son received a gift certificate for the Mini Sandbox at Extreme Sandbox in Hastings, Mn. I was unsure of what to expect, after all, what can you really do for an hour in a skid loader? Well, my concerns were soon put to rest.

Randy met us at the door of the clubhouse and we watched a safety video for 15 minutes. The video was informational, but clever and fun at the same time. Then it was time to meet the skid loader.

Once out in the "sandbox" our son was given one-on-one training on how the controls worked, how high or low to keep the bucket, how to move forward, backward, etc. Using hardhats with built in microphones and headsets, Randy communicated continually with our son giving him directions, instructions and challenges.

I was impressed with Randy's ability to instruct in a way that was positive, encouraging, fun and energetic. I couldn't tell when he was offering corrections and when he was just explaining how things worked. My son felt relaxed, comfortable and enthusiastic about what he was doing and learning.

Although they offer their own photography package, I had my camera and opted to take my own pictures. The weather was awful (raining and windy) so I rode with Randy in the "dune buggy". He was consistently considerate in how and where he parked so that I could take excellent close up pictures.

So what do you do in the skid loader? Well, much more than I imagined. Moving dirt was just the beginning. Then there was an obstacle course with barrels and tractor tires, lifting bars, a basketball, and a balancing trail. And that's all we had time for; my son could have stayed all day long!

At the end of the session, Randy gave me a dune buggy ride (not a part of the package, but VERY much appreciated!) that kept me laughing and hollering as we whipped up the side banks of the sandbox. When our son got out of the skid loader, Randy suggested we have a family picture taken, and he took one for us using my camera.

This is an expensive gift, but it was memorable, fun, educational, and something to talk about for a long time to come. The people were wonderful and our overall experience was EXCELLENT. I highly recommend Extreme Sandbox.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Remember the days o old when you played in a sand box with Tonka toys and other knock offs from Japan (not China)! Believe it or not you can now do it with the big toys - a D4 Cat, skid stirs, and excavators! The only difference between men and boys are their toys and size does matter. My wife got me this for my birthday and I had no idea how much fun this would be - it was a blast, truly on everybody's bucket list but no one would admit it. We did this on their first anniversary and it was an exceptionally awesome experience. The instruction was great and Randy the owner was a great joy - to joke and "chase around" the sand box. BUT be warned he has a kill switch. I can't remember when I had so much fun on my birthday - definitely not a boring gift. You will love this and the memories will last forever! My son had a great time as well and did a better job than Dad!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

For my birthday this year my wife bought me a base package to operate one machine. I choose the excavator this time. After 30 minute training video they get you out in field digging and filling holes. Then they have you run through a fun obstacle course. The machine is so easy to operate and Randy does a great job talking you through each section. Anybody could do this. I am defenitly coming ack at some point to try out the dozer.