“A great experience with a professional organization.”
Review of Extreme Sandbox

Extreme Sandbox
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Hastings
More attraction details
Owner description: Come play on an excavator or bulldozer for fun! We offer customers the unique opportunity to experience heavy equipment in safe and controlled environment. We let the kid in you play!
Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States
“A great experience with a professional organization.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and kids purchased the Christmas sampler for me at Extreme Sandbox. With this package I got to spend 3.5 hours total on all three pieces of equipment.

Randy and his staff were extremely good to work with and very accommodating to my schedule. He truly runs a professional outfit and takes pride in his business. Emails and phone calls were answered promptly and courteously. The facility is well-maintained and easy to find. The office looks brand new and is well-kept and organized. My wife and kids came along and were welcomed with enthusiasm.

Along with having fun, safety is definitely a top priority at Extreme Sandbox. We had a thorough training and safety overview before moving on to the equipment.

Getting to run the Caterpillar equipment was awesome. All of the pieces are nearly brand new, clean, well-maintained, and air conditioned (which was great on a hot day). The equipment all seems quite a bit bigger once you get in the seat. Also, the wireless communication equipment is top notch.

Randy did a great job of getting me up and running and walking me through the obstacles. The time really flew by because it was so much fun. I told my wife that I think it was the first time in 7 years I had gone more than 3 hours not thinking about our business, texts, emails, etc.

Thanks for a great time.

Visited August 2012

Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
“Amazing fun awesome experience!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Awesome way to spend a Friday afternoon in the dirt!! I highly recommend this to anyone! Great teachers and guaranteed fun. I just hope the audio feed from the headphones was not recorded.. (I may have sounded like some giddy school girl). Great time. Thanks!

Visited September 2012
White Oak, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excavator Experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just got back to Pittsburgh, PA today after playing in the Extreme Sandbox over the weekend. Randy was great in teaching me to use the Excavator and I had a blast at it. I highly recommend it to anyone that happens to be driving by a construction site and wondered how those people can manipulate that equipment as another extension of their body. Randy was also very accomodating in fitting me into his schedule since this was a last minute request since I was only in Minneapolis for a few days. Thamk you Randy for accomodating me!! Very Professionally done! Thank you to my wife for coming up with this event for my birthday.

Visited September 2012
Randy S, Owner at Extreme Sandbox, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you Victor for the kind words. You and Rose were so much fun. Glad to hear you made it home safely and I hope you had a great time in the Twin Cities. Next year you need to plan a trip again and this time stop by the MN State Fair. You just have lived a full life until you have tried a deep fried cheese curd (ok, maybe that will shave a few years off your life.....but well worth it!)
Northfield, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to live out childhood fantasies”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife gave me 3 1/2 hour Ultimate Sandbox. I picked the bulldozer and excavator but because of a scheduling conflict we had to go another date Randy let me operate all three pieces during my visit.

They do a good job up front in going over the principles and safety rules. The equipment is all top touch state of the art. I really enjoyed the bull dozer because it was completely different than anything I had ever operated in my my younger years.

The activities are fun, navigating an obstacle course and moving things around. The time goes really fast.

Visited August 2012
Cottage Grove, Minnesota, USA
“A unique experience! You have to try it!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Want to let the little kid inside you out to play? Want a unique experience? Then the Extreme Sandbox is the place for you!

I received a 3 1/2 hour experience playing in a giant sandbox from my wife! I got to try out all three pieces of equipment (Excavator, Bulldozer, Skid-steer) and it was SO much fun! I was a little nervous at first, but you receive excellent directions from the instructors. They do everything in their power to ensure you have a safe, fun, and yes; educational, time. You may be playing in a sandbox like a child, but the way the instructors work with you, you never feel "like an idiot" when running the equipment.

This is a must-do for evey adult on your gift-purchase list!

(My wife is getting this experience for an upcoming holiday gift!)

Visited June 2012
Randy S, Owner at Extreme Sandbox, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Paul, thank you for the kind words! You and your family are so much fun! We look forward to having you back out this weekend. I think we may have to hire you as a salesman because of all the advertising you are doing for us, can we pay you in SandBUCKS??? Thanks again!