“One of the best around!”
Review of The Onion Grille

The Onion Grille
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“One of the best around!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have dined at The Onion Grille four times and have NEVER, EVER been served a bad dish. Their steaks are phenomenal, their sides are tremendous, especially the potatoes. Their carrots are done perfectly. Their soup is incredible. It is a full two notches above chains like houlihans. Unique decor including a cool train running around the perimeter. Price is a bit higher than a chain, but is worth it for the quiet atmosphere and location looking overlooking the Mississippi. Gotta try this place if your looking for a great hidden gem in downtown Hastings.

1 Thank Rolemodel12

Wetaskiwin, Canada
“Good food and 1/2 price wine - need I say more?”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went here on a recommendation while staying at the Classic Rosewood Inn and we're glad that we did. My wife and I both ordered the Walleye. They have it available in three different styles. We tried #2 and #3. I'm sure that #1 would be delicious as well. We also lucked out as we happened to be there on 1/2 price bottle of wine night. Now what could be better than a good bottle of wine at an excellent price, a delicious meal with excellent service and a leisurely walk back to your hotel all with your significant other? I can't think of anything better.

• Visited May 2012
Saint Paul, MN
“The Onion Rules!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We especially loved the many signature onion dishes on the menu, but the whole menu was great. Be sure to save room for dessert.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank TaliskerSaintPaul_MN
Minneapolis, MN
“Best flatbread pizza in the Twin Cities.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The Onion Grille is a great place south of the Cities. Living across the metro from Hastings we never got down there much but accidentally discovered it while staying at a local B&B and now have started making regular trips back for the flatbread pizzas.

The atmosphere is nice and familiar in a classy way with service that is professional while at the same time very personal. Our best advice is to grab a seat at the bar and order a glass of Alias and a flatbread pizza (the pepperoni or grilled onion and goat cheese are both amazing) from Jake the bartender who is great for conversation.

The Onion Grille is Minneapolis quality without the Minneapolis anonymity and worth every bit of the drive from anywhere.

1 Thank Mark M
“Great meal in a cool place”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I took in this little gem of a place on a Wednesday night. Miss Cleo must have had the "psychic friends network" dialed in as the soup du jour was my favorite Chicken Wild Rice - a creamy good one that had plenty of Minnesota's own wild rice. I then had a perfect medium rare onion burger slathered in fried onions, beefy onion straws on an onion roll. On the road tonight so don't have to worry about my breath. I always ask about desert and sometimes order. Again my favorite - Carrot Cake - was a daily selection. Three words "cream cheese frosting" and plenty of spice. Really an outstanding experience that should not be missed in Hastings.

1 Thank WanderingIowaFarmer