“Eclectic Menu”
Review of QUARTER/quarter - CLOSED

QUARTER/quarter
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving an eclectic mix of small plates, appetizers and desserts in addition to our beer and wine list in the Wine Bar. Chef's Tasting Menus available in the Main Dining Room.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband had the steak and ranked it one of the best ever. I was pleased with shrimp creole. And the coconut dessert was very special. While Harmony is known for being the heart of Minnesota's Amish country, this place is worth stopping to treat yourself. Contemporary feel with incredible food.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is worth finding. Located in the southeastern Minnesota, Harmony is the center of an Amish community; not too far from Lanesboro. QUARTER/quarter is located on a side street in the little town.

The food was excellent – when feasible, they use local ingredients. The service was good – they were courteous, were at the tableside constantly filling water glasses, and asking if they could do more. The atmosphere was contemporary in an area where supper clubs are the norm.

We tried a number of items on the menu. For appetizers we tried their Seafood Cakes, which were tender and delicious. The side salad had a light vinaigrette and was a perfect complement to the Seafood Cakes. The soup of the week was a cream of mushroom soup, also excellent. For the main course we had the Swedish style meatball dinner and Fettuccine Stroganoff – both excellent. The portions are substantial, so be prepared to come hungry or bring some home.

When in the area, we would definitely like to stop again.

3  Thank aerete
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband can be a harsh critic when it comes to restaurants, but he and I both love this place. We live equidistant between two towns, and if we're choosing between Decorah, which has some very nice restaurants, or Harmony, we head north to Q/q. We appreciate the fact that organic, local products are used to the extent possible, and, having spoken with the owner/chef, admire his overall philosophy that rural living, supporting local and responsible food production, and fine cuisine can be a rich blend. I would appreciate the strategic placement of a few acoustic tiles to soften the ambiance, but the decor is understated and lovely. Only once have I been slightly disappointed in food and service, but I've worked in the restaurant realm and believe every place is entitled to an off day on rare occasion. Do not hesitate to try this place. I wager you'll want to return.

2  Thank Parrotworld
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice, bright and clean were our thoughts on walking into this restaurant. Nice hostess at the front that sat us at a clean table for 2. Waitress wasn't too friendly. Got a roll before the entree and they were fantastic! Have wine and beer. One of us had a flank steak and it was very good. When it came, asked for A1 sauce and the waitress literally just said "no" then that we wouldn't need it for that steak. Granted you probably shouldn't ruin a good steak with a sauce, and I can understand them not providing a sauce for their steaks, but the waitress might have been a bit more tackful when saying they didn't have any, instead of an abrupt "no"! The other entree was a concoction of chicken breast chunks with sweet potato chunks, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, with some type of coconut milk sauce over a couscous with almonds and raisins. I'm not saying it was bad tasting, as it probably tasted just as it was suppose to. I'm blaming myself in that I guess I'm just not "into" fancy food like that. I did NOT care for it at all. But, as I said, I'm sure it was perfectly made and that it's my problem that I didn't like it, not the chefs. It was a very nice place, good food, good wine, nice atmosphere, and overall nice people working there. Our waitress could have used a few more "people" skills but maybe she was new and just learning. They also have a wine bar over in the other side of it, but we didn't go into it. We will definitely stop here again. You should really give it a try!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Quarter/quarter offers great food and pretty good value. We have always enjoyed our experiences there, although our dinner on New Years Eve was a little chaotic due to the restaurants' bustling atmosphere. Great use of local ingredients. Wish they had a liquor license.