“Worst ever may never eat pizza again”

Zorbaz on Pokegama Lake
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Worst ever may never eat pizza again”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Having visited Detroit Lakes Zorbaz since I was old enough to wear pants that had pockets to stow money. I trusted the menu, so we at the bar tenders advice ordered the Zuper which is its claim to fame is 4 pounds of pizza, As it turns out I am an educated person with 11 years of college and the best descriptive adjective is "it sucks". Not only will three people never return to Zorbaz or order a Zuper they have given pizza permanently. So in earnest we return to Zorbaz due to our misfortunes of getting out to late and every decent place was closed. Upon our return we rolled the dice and ordered a Ruben Pizza knowing nothing could have been worse than the Zuper but again Zorbaz has exceeded our expectations. So next time in Grand Rapids wanting pizza will may be quite some time as we not are all on slid food yet. I would recommend either one of holiday gas stations for a better slice of pie. I would post a photo of the left over pie but refuse to dig through the trash.

• Visited March 2014

Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Had better Zorbaz, elsewhere.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stopped in on our way to Moorhead from Babbitt. It was a bit out of the way, but after my last experience at the Alexandria Zorbaz, I was craving a Zorbaz taco like no other. The funny thing about cravings is that you have high expectations of the food and that leads to being let down. The food was average and service was okay. I just expected a little more after such a great experience in Alexandria. Try it if you haven;t yet, as you could be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's worse here service or food.”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ate at Zorbaz in Grand Rapids Minnesota and could not have been more dissapointed. Starting with the service at the bar, it is apparent if the staff does not recognize you they do not want to interact with you. I stood at the bar near a till for fifteen minutes while I watched the bartender look at me several times and continue talking to the only other three patrons at the bar, apparently they knew eachother as she proudly showed off her tattoos to them and served them several beers as I stood. When I finally got to order it was rushed and hurried, seemed as if my not being a local had set her back in some way. Thankfully I got through my order and the bartender was able to return to her three other patrons. I put my number on the table and barely sipped my beer as I knew the service I would receive if I were to approach the bar for another. The pizza came after one hour and fifteen minutes to my table. Not only was it late, it was unbearable to eat. The only way to describe it was raw and cold. I asked the bartender what had happened, her response was "oh sorry the kitchen staff burnt your first one so they made another as fast as possible". No effort was taken to notice or improve the situation, I do not think I saw a manager during my entire stay of 3 hours for one beer and one pizza. Never EVER eat here

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank travel T
Wabasha, Minnesota, United States
“Bad service, okay food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped at this location on our way back from a long road trip up north. We visited a different Zorbaz near Park Rapids a couple years ago and expected to enjoy decent food with a great selection of beers and friendly, prompt service. Instead, we were greeted by an apparently hungover bartender who was almost too busy speaking with (and serving, apparently without cost) her off-duty co-worker to take our order. She managed to get us our drinks, but failed to return for our food order. I should note that there only were two other customers in the ENTIRE RESTAURANT, but we were forced to wait almost fifteen minutes to order our meal-- even though there were at least three other servers whose eyes we tried to catch. The food, once it arrived, was mediocre relative to the price and certainly was not tasty enough to offset the terrible service. To make matters worse, the menu was quite difficult to read because it was filled with annoying "z's" and words spelled phonetically to represent a Minnesotan accent. The crowning touch, however, was the off-duty employee's decision to snack on the condiments from the Bloody Mary bar and wave her bitten-off pickle over the open pitchers of mixers and bottles of vodka. This place probably survives because it has an amazing selection of beers at a decent price and a name that is recognizable in the region. The managers may want to think twice, however, about leaving their twenty-something employees unattended if they want to continue to turn a profit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer P
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped by for the pizza and it was very, very good. The atmosphere is interesting (great place to meet friends and hang out). The most interesting aspect is you actually go up to the bar to order. Took us a little bit to figure it out, but once we did it was fine.

Visited September 2013