Toivo's Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Food was not good. We wanted to try something different in this area. We were with 5 open minded friends and everybody had the same reaction. Prices were OK and the Service was good. We would not go back just because of the poor quality of the food.

There are other great options VERY close by.

1  Thank Kevin C
Nicole T, Owner at Toivo's Restaurant & Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Kevin, it's been awhile, but we're newly active to Trip Advisor, and I wanted to extend an apology. I'm truly sorry the food let you and your friends down -- please know, we're always happy to get anything corrected on the spot if we're made aware. I can understand your reluctance to join us again, but we'd love to make this right with you if you're ever up for it. Hope all is well with you! Take care.

All the best,
Nicole T, Owner

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I was craving a burger so we thought we would try it out. Sat in the bar section the waitress\bartender seemed absolutely annoyed that we were there and when we asked about the specials she seemed completely put off. The burgers and tots came, tots were cold and the burger was laughable, it was about half the size of a regular size bun. If your burgers are that size then the buns should be as well.
I won't be back. The unfriendly service sealed the deal.

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Toivo's is our go-to burger joint in GR. We always have great service and our kids are welcome. I usually order the Chicken Wingman and have never been disappointed. I especially enjoy their $5 burger night on Thursdays. The boneless buffalo wings are fantastic as well.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had dinner there after working a twelve hour day. Staff was helpful and reasonably friendly.

They have a nice burger style menu with some other additional entree's.

Try the fried pickles!