“Anniversary trip”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
NYA
“Anniversary trip”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had another enjoyable trip to Northern MN.to visit family. Lori the General manager goes out of her way to make sure everything is right. Thank You Lori. The staff was very knowledgeable in suggesting a wonderful restaurant for our Anniversary dinner. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Babbitt, MN
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a great place to stay. Everything was excellent from being clean, updated, great hours for breakfast and the pool, and the service. This was a comfortable, quiet, friendly, and professional establishment. I will stay here again...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at AmericInn in Grand Rapids, MN and my faith in the chain has been restored. The rooms are quiet, the staff was professional and friendly, and bedding was very comfortable. The pool area was clean with lots of towels available. There is a free breakfast with a sign that stated it started at 6am. I had to be at work at 6, but stopped by a little before 5:30 to see if there was any coffee. I was thrilled that not only could I have coffee (which is very good), the whole breakfast was available. They had sandwiches, burritos, and french toast to heat in the microwave, cereal, yogurt, and an assortment of bread and pastries.

Room Tip: The rooms on the North side of the building are ajacent to an Eagles Club and a parking lot for a di...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am to read your kind words .We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and anytime a guest needs an early breakfast we are happy to accommodate that request .We are waiting your return :)
Fort Calhoun NE
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly and helped us find a decent restaurant. The only problem was they chrged both rooms to my credit card when one room was supposed to be charged to my friend.
Clean quiet rooms,like it when the sink is not in the stool tub area. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Grand Rapids for a wedding and booked a 2 night stay at this hotel. Unfortunately, circumstances arose and we had to leave early. However, we did not check out before the housekeepers left by 2 pm (yes, there are no housekeepers after that early day time) and our room was not able to be cleaned so we were charged for another nights stay even though I had previously asked what the checkout policy was and was given non-specific enough instructions. The facility was nice, but horrible customer service. Yes, I do understand that we could not get a refund or even partial, but the staff and management were not even considerate; in fact they were quite rude. I guess that's what you pay for..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mle632
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am sorry that you miss understood what was being said to you . Our hotel had been booked for that weekend for months, we turned away several potential guest and even that evening we had to turn people away . Had you informed us ealier in the day even as late as 1:30 pm we could have allowed you to check out and been able to clean the room and resell it .You didnt say anything to us until 4 pm which by then there was only 1 employee working and that person would not have been able to reclean your room due to how busy the hotel was .I am sorry that you are upset with policy of our hotel. I do not set out to be uncaring by any means .Due to the circumstances I had to make a decsion .I hope that you can understand someday our postion in this matter.The cancelation policy is for the date of arrival which is 6 pm the check out policy is 11 am on the day that you plan to check out .
Plymouth, MN
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here last Saturday. Room had king size bed and bed was very good; TV flat screen. Bath okay. Breakfast a bit sparser than another AmericInn we used. No noise issues. Staff not as friendly as other AmericInn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Tom , It sounds as if your experince wasn't quite what you were hoping for .I apologize for that and have shared your comments with my staff .I hope that if you are ever in the Grand Rapids area you will visit with us again giving us a chance to make your stay more enjoyable the 2nd time around.
SD
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend night. Our room was a King NS room, which was recently updated and was very clean, had plenty of towels, a flat screen tv, nice sofa, microwave, and fridge and the internet worked great in the room. The bed seemed a little stiff as we both woke up with a backache, but then we are used to pillowtop beds. We were told these beds are about 6 months old. Breakfast in the morning is served until 10AM which is very nice. Most of the hot items you have to heat up in the microwave or toaster, but were tasty. This hotel is situated near restaurants and stores. We will most likely give this hotel another try, when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words ,sorry that the bed was a bit stiff for you ,I do hope that you had some restful sleep . Here at the AmericInn we work hard to make sure our guest relax & recharge while at our hotel .I will pass on your comments about your guest room being clean to the housekeeping staff ,they enjoy hearing comments like that .We look forward to having you as one of our future guest .
Sincerely , Lori
#7 of 11 in Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River

Been to AmericInn Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!