“Extremely Clean and Friendly!”

Super 8 Grand Rapids
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Brainerd MN
“Extremely Clean and Friendly!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 Motel in Grand Rapids when visiting family in the area and it was very clean and the front desk workers were all very friendly. They have a great breakfast selection plus microwaves and refrigerators in all of their rooms. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone visiting the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NanciBrainerdMN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was a great hotel! Very kind and friendly staff. Close to stores and many places to eat! Very clean and comfortable beds! Best price I found in town for business!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank PenguinJerry
Medina, TX
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We spent one night here with our two golden retrievers. This motel was so well maintained that I figured that it was newly constructed, the only tip off were the somewhat weathered window frames. It was obvious that a great deal of care taken in the property maintenance-even the indoor oak trim was freshly waxed and polished.

The parking lot adjoining another motel and bar/rest.., seemed to draw considerable traffic. As dog owners, we were cautioned to pick up after our pets, but watched others allow their dogs to go wherever, like right next to our SUV. Petowners, if you walk a half block, you will find a weedy backlot from the nearby auto dealereship.

The beds were great, pillows too. The room was very clean, the decor very nice.

The only downside was the group of twenty somethings who were very drunk and loud at 3 AM! Sadly, they gravitated from the parking lot to the room adjoining ours. Emily at the front desk took care of the problem and we saw a reduction on our bill. That was thoughtful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DondiC5
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed here as a group of motorcycle couples as our last stop on a long trip home. At check in the young lady at the front desk was extremely rude and not helpful at all. The rooms are a bit small, the bathrooms tiny, however they are extremely clean. The walls are thin and you can hear everything in the hallway. There is no pool or fitness center. Next time we will check with the hotel directly behind it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DarceyJK
MJN8, General Manager at Super 8 Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
First I want to thank you for staying at the Super 8 of Grand Rapids, However I would like for you to know this is not how my employee's are trainned to treat our guest, therefore I apologize.. In your review you had listed that we did not have a Fitness Center however we do give all of our guest a pass to Anytine Fitness while you stay with us. As well as being able to use the pool of our sister property. So my staff did not inform you of all of our amenities that we offer. I would like for you to come and try us again in the future to show that we have great Northern Minnesota Hospitality.

Melissa Nordberg
Mineral Point, WI
Reviewed July 13, 2011

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and friendly economical place to stay in Grand Rapids MN, look no further than the Super 8 Motel. The staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful you will find anywhere. The room was adequate in size, very clean and had a very comfortable bed. Their breakfast is one of the best you will find at a Super 8. I highly recommend this Super 8.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rjbuss
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This Super 8 was the nicest ones I have ever been in. Not only were the rooms spotless the staff and management were WONDERFUL!!! During our stay we had free access to the 24hr Gym and access to the Timberlake Lodge indoor "waterpark/swimming pool". Why pay $129 a night when you can stay at super 8 for 79-82 a night!! If your just looking for a few nights stay I would save your money and choose this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TakeUsThere2011
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I got sent up to Northern MN for a business trip this week and started our stay at the Holiday Inn Duluth sunday night, and have spent from 5/2/2011 to 5/6/2011 here at the Super 8.

The hotel is easy to find, the parking lot is well lit, and in a nice quiet area. there is plenty of parking (even for the guys with tractor trailers.)

First things first, I have a CLC check inn card for work trips and it's rare i can find a desk clerk who is competent in the use of them, my check in was quick, the clerk took time to point my room out, and advised me to call if we needed anything.

the room is exactly what I expect from this type of motel, a simple set up, two equally comfortable queen beds, a decent TV that functions correctly and comes with a remote, and plenty of power outlets to charge my equipment and cell phones. the room was very clean and everything functioned. where this Super 8 Shines compared to most other motels in this category i stay at is 3 things especially.

1. Free WiFi that functions properly, and is quick download and upload.

2. a working mini fridge and microwave

3. a free breakfast that starts at 4:30 AM! never heard of that before but it's great because I work 3rd shift and usually wrap up my work between 4 and 5 am and its very nice to come back to the hotel and have a hot meal before i go to bed for the night.

I would totally stay here again, and actually plan to make another weekend away from town with my wife and daughter to come up here when it's a bit warmer and enjoy the Northern MN scenery. The Staff even had some suggestions on where to fish, sights to see and places to eat.

Room Tip: book early, and try for the middle of the week.