“Good Choice”

Dining options: Reservations
Coral Springs, Florida
“Good Choice”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Grand Rapids MN is a little remote if your a city slicker but we have a cabin about 45 minutes away from Forest Lake and we make sure we make it a destination when we are in the area. Best dining in the entire city...

• Visited October 2013

grand rapids, mn
“Great Local Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Living in town this is where we choose to eat lunch often. Great service, quick meals, TV's to keep up on news, weather, etc... Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Group Golf Tournament”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food was great- a couple of mistakes on the orders- but they corrected and the food was very good. Group of ten

Visited September 2013
Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States
“Consistently good, in all three dining areas, all three meals.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm a local. I have a retail business. I often get asked "Where is a good place to eat in town?". THIS is where I send them...for any meal, any time of the day. Their breakfast is GREAT! The hashbrowns are crisp, and their egg yolks are golden yellow. Lunch is GREAT! Their salads and sandwiches are always good, and their soups are fantastic. The bar and bar food are good. But, let's talk about the steakhouse downstairs. THAT is my favorite. The items on the menu have all been good, but, you have GOT to try the twice baked potatoe. Yum...yum! Most of the time tho, I order whatever is on the Chef's special menu...on the board, to the left when you enter into the steakhouse area. There are usually 3 items and and appetizer. Many times there are one or two seafood items on the board. Honest to goodness...every.... time... I have ordered something off that board, it has been DELICIOUS! I like ceasar salad and often get that to start with. It's always very tasty. The last time I got their French Onion Soup. Equally good. The loaf of bread is always soft an warm, and the strawberry butter is the "icing on the cake". Speaking of cake, I have had their brownie as desert, and their pecan pie. If you have room, or care to save room, it's worth it... and nice to share with your date :-)

• Visited October 2013
Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota
“Lunch and Dinner”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have had both lunch and dinner at the Forest Lake Steakhouse and they were both very very good. This restaurant has been here for many many years and we go through Grand Rapids at least twice a month and the parking lots, yes lots, are always full, breakfast, lunch and dinner times so this must say something.

• Visited June 2013