“Cioppino in Grand Rapids???”

Forest Lake Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place is WONDERFUL! I had only ordered cioppino from 2 different restaurants in my life and this one stands its ground! Mesa Grill (Bobby Flays restaurant) was my first taste of this wonderful dish and another tiny whole in the wall in Florence, Italy was the second. If you're a seafood lover, this is your dish! The steak that I tried was dee-lish, as well, but I'm not much of a beef eater. When you order your appetizers, don't forget to try the frog legs! My first attempt at these little buggers and I will definitely order them again! Surprisingly tasty! Also, order the spinach salad for your dinner. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I went downstairs to the steakhouse and we were pleasantly surprised with the food. My husband especially loved the strawberry butter! He had the cream of chicken with wild rice soup, which was tasty but a little lacking on the chicken. He also had their King crab & lobster Cannelloni. It was excellent! I had the sizzling sirloin with Gorgonzola and peppers. The steak was perfectly cooked, but I could have done without all the oil or butter on the plate. Their French onion soup was decent, but again a bit greasy. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Grand Rapids. The food is pretty consistently good and the service has always been great!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Super food and great service. I have never been disapointed. Be sure to make reservations because they get real busy.
Good variety on their menu.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very good breakfast. Everything was tasty and well seasoned. Nice menu selection and the service was top notch and attentive. We would definitely return to this place.