“Best pizza in the area”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Homemade sauce with secret spices. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza in Grand Rapids. Our menu features award-winning pizzas, pastas, hot appetizers, wings, sub sandwiches, burgers, soups and salads. We also offer a daily all-you-can-eat lunch buffet.
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Sammy's makes every pizza by hand and the quality is apparent. The crusts are crisp and chewy and the sauces are nuanced with quality real cheese and other toppings. A great value is their lunch buffet which includes, soup,salad, 2 kinds of wings, and assorted pizzas fresh out of the oven.

1  Thank Frank A

Reviewed January 11, 2012

After a long day, decided to have dinner before returning to the hotel. As an Italian food fan, I know my Italian food and could eat it seven days a week. I stopped at Sammy's expecting decent Italian food for a small town, but what a surprise. I chose soup instead of salad since it was 9 degrees outside, and had the best ever split pea soup. I would have been happy just eating that, but chose the Misto Tortellini after a recommendation from our outstanding waitress. This was by far, the BEST Italian food I have had in years, and I have had some good food on my travels. There was more tortellini than I could possibly eat, and half was covered with Alfredo sauce, and the other half with Spaghetti sauce. Outstanding!!!! To top it off, it came with three large slices of garlic bread. My business associate had one of the many Stromboli choices, and neither he nor I could finish the generous portions. He was also impressed with his selection as well. When in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, make it a priority to stop at Sammy's for dinner, or the lunch buffet. You can't go wrong there.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We prefer the thin crust pizza and Sammy's was that. We did take out and devoured the pizzas.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Huge selection of pizzas. They offer gluten free crust. Their sauce and sausage cannot be beat. I went and ate at the restaurant and it was supper busy, but well staffed so the wait was minimal. I also had delivery on my return trip and it was great. They said 30 minutes and it was 32. Don't bother with the butter and garlic wings save your tummy for the pizza and pasta. I liked it so much I bought a shirt.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sammy's Pizza is amazing, no matter what location you go to. This location measured up to my expectations, and then exceeded them by surprising me with a gluten free crust option. I was recently diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and went to Sammy's with my husband so he could enjoy the best pizza on earth, and it turned out I got to enjoy it too. It was delicious and affordable. It's no surprise that the Pizza Hut next door is practically vacant.