“Excellent service and food”
Review of Ground Round

Ground Round
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited the Ground Round on Nov 8th 2013 for lunch and again on Nov 10 th for lunch. Both times great service and food, in fact we had the same server. (Brenna) I had the mushroom Swiss burger and baked potato on Friday , excellent! Huge glasses of great raspberry ice tea! Sunday I had the Ground Clubhouse, basically a clubhouse with ground beef, and it was wonderful. Clean restrooms too. Portions were large and prices were reasonable !

Reviewed September 17, 2013

2 for 1 burger Tuesday; would be fine if chefs/cooks knew how to cook burgers. Both our burgers were wrong; horribly wrong but what makes it worse is the inadequate service by wait staff. I guess if you're not going to order a bunch of alcoholic drinks & a lot of food, wait staff won't wait on you as they're not going to get a big enough tip. We could've possibly had burgers "fixed" had our server ever came back & when did, just plain rude. "Well, when you reheat the leftovers at home, it'll be cooked right." Disappointed date night.

1  Thank L&CBlackburn
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Huge selection, something for everyone. The drinks are expensive... Beer was 5 bucks each for bud lite! Food was awesome.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Ive been to the Ground Round in Grand Rapids several times. The ratings on this review are for my last visit over Memorial Weekend. I would like to note that the only reason I went back was because my daughter loves their pretzel bun.

The last time I went was in February 2013 and I swore I would never return...the service was SO BAD. It was by far the worst service I had ever recieved and as a consolation, the manager gave me a free app coupon that was only good with the purchase of an entree...what a joke.

Fast forward to this weekend. Emily was our server and she was by far the best server we've ever had at the ground round. She was attentive, polite and just overall a really great server. Thank you Emily for making what I suspected was going to be an unpleasant experience a good one and possibly restoring my faith in this establishment.

I still feel the food could be better for the price. I don't mind spending $15+for my meal but it really should be atleast good, not poor. Soggy buns, tasteless fajitas..I could go on.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great lunch choice. Good american menu - perfect hamburgers. Located centrally and good parking. Good easily handle a bus group.