“Great place for evening dessert.”

17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at the 17th Street Grill at the Timberlake Lodge™ is a true feast for the senses. Our Chefs prepare gourmet cuisine with style and skill unique in the Grand Rapids area. The 17th Street Grill offers the “best deal in town” for a quality lunch at a reasonable price. Stop in and enjoy a tasty and affordable lunch from our Lunch Menu. For a memorable dining experience try the 17th Street Grill’s extensive dinner menu. We offer steaks grilled to perfection, fantastic seafood selections, and much more. The 17th Street Grill offers an extensive drink menu that includes; a generous wine list, domestic and imported beers as well as all of your favorite spirits. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktail, the Timbertini.Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays. Sit back, relax and allow our staff to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality dining in Grand Rapids.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We decided we wanted to go out for dessert on a Saturday night. We were offered an excellent selection of desserts! The server was knowledgeable and friendly.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Ivaldemar

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our 17th Street Grill. All of our desserts are made in house, and we are glad you found the selection to your liking. Next time you are in town you'll have to stop by and see whats baking! Thanks again and happy dining.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I were spending the night at the Super 8, which has a nice discount deal with the 17th St. Grill. We went across the parking lot, only to find a lovely little dining room and very tasty food, which we enjoyed with a nice wine. Service was very friendly, and although we were there toward closing time they did nothing to make us feel rushed or unwelcome. I wouldn't get the ribs again, they were a little dry, although cooked nicely and with a very tasty, zesty sauce, but the rest of the meal was very good. Would not have expected such a lovely meal after checking into a Super 8!

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear KathLK

We are happy to hear you found us behind the Super 8, we certainly enjoy our arrangement with the property across our parking lot. Customer service is always our #1 focus and I am glad you found it to be up to par. I will let our executive chef know about the ribs level of moisture so he can analyze and make proper adjustments. Next time you dine with us please let us know how we are doing! Thanks again and happy dining!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Melt in your mouth, delicious, tender and the best steak I've had in years. My hats off to the chef's and your choice of food. Wait staff was fast, knowledgeable and fun to talk with. 5 Stars all the way. Jeff S.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Jeff S.

Thank you for your review on our 17th Street Grill. Our Executive Chef Bob Klein lives for total guest palate satisfaction and will be very pleased to read your kind words. As you commented on not only good food can keep us going it takes a team effort from dish pit, to service, management and cooking. I will share your review with our entire staff so they can be assured hard work pays off. Thanks again and happy dining.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Grand Rapids is very fortunate to have such a wonderful full service hotel and convention center. This is first rate from the moment you walk in the door. The food is excellent with a varied gourmet menu. Service excellent, every detail is attended to. My first choice in town be it lunch or dinner. I have had friends stay in the hotel and they were more than pleased. Thank you Timberlake for coming to town and for building a first rate restaurant.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear K_sedore

What a wonderful review, thank you for making us your first choice for dining in town. We take great pride in our beautiful building and continuing to grow in our customer service skills. From Executive Chef to Dishwasher, your review is highly valued by the team. It is truly a pleasure to be part of such a great community. Thanks again and happy dining!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Last night we joined good friends for dinner at 17th...our very first time here and we were blown away with our meals. Two had prime rib, one sirloin, and I had a Rueben which came with a wonderful salad, and the best french fries I've tasted in a long while. The Rueben reminded me of the Pastrami sandwiches served in New York City which are thick with meat, and dripping with flavor!!! Everyone raved about their meal--the garlic mashed potatoes were outstanding, the brussel sprouts incredibly delicious. Even the breads were top notch. Portions were huge, as I have half my Rueben to enjoy for lunch (or dinner) tonight. Kuddos to the chef, the sweet waitress, and the lovely setting. We will definitely be back. To those who think it is overpriced, I have to disagree...you are getting a meal you will long remember. I'd skip two meals elsewhere for one here at the 17th. Our friends raved about the ahi tuna, and told us they have never had a bad meal there. They frequent once a month. Sure hope others give it a try.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Drb803

Thank you very much for your review of our 17th Street Grill. Kudos will definitely be sent to our Executive Chef Bob Klein and his team. Chef Bob holds a special place in his heart for the Reuben as he has put many hours into developing it into the great tasting sandwich it is today! His smile hasn't left since reading your review. We hope to see you again. Thanks again and happy dining!