“First visit great, second visit so-so.”

17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at the 17th Street Grill at the Timberlake Lodge™ is a true feast for the senses. Our Chefs prepare gourmet cuisine with style and skill unique in the Grand Rapids area. The 17th Street Grill offers the “best deal in town” for a quality lunch at a reasonable price. Stop in and enjoy a tasty and affordable lunch from our Lunch Menu. For a memorable dining experience try the 17th Street Grill’s extensive dinner menu. We offer steaks grilled to perfection, fantastic seafood selections, and much more. The 17th Street Grill offers an extensive drink menu that includes; a generous wine list, domestic and imported beers as well as all of your favorite spirits. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktail, the Timbertini.Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays. Sit back, relax and allow our staff to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality dining in Grand Rapids.
Fargo, ND
“First visit great, second visit so-so.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the lodge for two nights and ate at the attached restaurants both nights. The first visit was great. My salad was delicious and the service was wonderful. My waitress was attentive yet not 'hovering'. On my second visit, the salad was again very good, but the service wasn't the best. I think the bartender waited on me and apparently thought everything was fine because after he brought my salad, I didn't see him again until I had a couple bites left. That's a little too late to ask me how everything is. As I've said in previous posts, I don't expect the server to at my side during the entire meal, but I DO expect to be approached mid-meal to ask how everything is and/or if I need anything. I don't care if you're the bartender or the waitress/waiter. All said, I will visit the restaurant again because the food is very good.

• Visited September 2013
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear suzb_00

Thank you for your review of the 17th Street Grill. I will pass your compliments of the food along to our team of chef's. As you know timing is everything in providing a great dinner service. We will use your review to remind our service team of proper timing and how to manage between too little and too much. Thanks again and happy dining.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Extensive menu, comfortable seating, and wonderful food. I loved the lobster pasta - delicious! They even have an outdoor patio.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were welcomed and seated promptly. Our server was a little frazzled but apologized. The salmon was very tasty.

Visited August 2013
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Melanie C

Thank you for your review of the 17th Street Grill, I am glad to hear you found our salmon pleasing to your palate. We will focus on our proper load for servers going forward to ensure each guest receives calm and prompt service. Thanks again and happy dining.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A couple of minor issues. Burger ordered rare came medium. Monday night is Sushi night. Had a roll and the rice was a little underdone. All in all, a good meal for a reasonable price considering the venue. I'd eat here again.

Visited August 2013
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Maverick1903

Thank you for your review of the 17th Street Grill. We are glad you brought these detail orientated issues to our attention. We will pass the information along to our executive chef and move forward in improving our service overall. Glad you would dine with us again, when you do let us know how we are improving! Thanks again and happy dining.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great dinner”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've been to 17th street grill before, but now they have expanded. The menu had some very good choices for Grand rapids including seared tuna on greens, The wait staff substituted spinach without any hassle. We had a group of 10, and our waiter was excellent,