“Generous portions”

17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at the 17th Street Grill at the Timberlake Lodge™ is a true feast for the senses. Our Chefs prepare gourmet cuisine with style and skill unique in the Grand Rapids area. The 17th Street Grill offers the “best deal in town” for a quality lunch at a reasonable price. Stop in and enjoy a tasty and affordable lunch from our Lunch Menu. For a memorable dining experience try the 17th Street Grill’s extensive dinner menu. We offer steaks grilled to perfection, fantastic seafood selections, and much more. The 17th Street Grill offers an extensive drink menu that includes; a generous wine list, domestic and imported beers as well as all of your favorite spirits. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktail, the Timbertini.Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays. Sit back, relax and allow our staff to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality dining in Grand Rapids.
“Generous portions”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Loved the warm atmosphere and generous portions. The ribs could be eaten with a fork, as they fell off the bone, bones clean. Never seen anything like it. Wet naps not required without missing a crumb.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Rose D

Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Best in the area!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My only hesitation in withholding a star, is the service. But first, the food, atmosphere, and bar, all of which are excellent! The walleye cakes on the appetizer menu are a must! I love to order the Ribeye, listed as"well marbled," which means it melts in your mouth! I ask the chef to cook it charred on the outside and rare inside--it's perfect every time! Seafood selections are delicious, as is everything I or companions have ordered--including soups and sandwiches.
For dessert, have the chocolate cake-wow!
The grill is a Grand Rapids prize!

1 Thank KathleenNuccio
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Public Relations Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Hello KathleenNuccio: Thank you for your kind review of the 17th Street Grill. The walleye cakes are a house specialty and rib eye and seafood always put a smile on our guests’ faces. I’ll pass along your rave reviews on the chocolate cake to our Pastry Chef Eli. I am, however, very concerned that the service you received did meet your expectations. If you wouldn’t mind reaching out to me, I would love to address you concerns (marketing@timberlakelodgehotel.com). We have a growing reputation for being the ‘prize’ dining location in Grand Rapids, and certainly want to keep great customers such as yourself coming back for more!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“By far the best place around”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I ate here two times when I was in the area visiting family. First for lunch, had one of Chef Otto's panini of the week. It was a delicious cut of prime rib with just the right amount of horseradish cream, Havarti, and pickles!

The dinner service is one of the best I've ever experienced at a restaurant, let alone outside of a metro area. The service by our server (Jeff) was among the best I've ever had. If I had to recommend one thing of the menu, it would be the Minnesota Wild Cakes. Absolutely delicious! Great night for the house soup (sweet and sour cabbage, with pecans, bacon and apple). Chef Dustin cooked the shrimp perfectly in my Vodka Penne.

If you are on the Iron Range and want to eat at a very nice restaurant, but affordable, you must go here!

• Visited December 2011
Hello MinnesotaMatts A: Thank you very kindly for your review. It is great that you had the opportunity to try one of the menu items that has been there from the beginning (MN Wild Cakes) as well as a couple items that change up weekly and daily (Panini of the Week & Soup du Jour). I will pass along the good word to Chef Otto, Chef Dusty and Server Jeff. When you are back in town visiting family, please stop on in and see us again!
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Awsome Steak”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The food was delivered directly to my room. The price was right and the steak was super. I highly recommend it.

Visited November 2011
minnesota
“Great apps”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The apps were great and it is so convenient being part of the hotel.

Visited December 2011