“Go out to eat! I ate mold and spent the hole day in the bathroom SICK.”

Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Northern United States
“Go out to eat! I ate mold and spent the hole day in the bathroom SICK.”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

honestly...having got in late to the hotel and not having anything to eat after a 4 hour drive from home we (my 7 month old and myself) wake up starving. We got up and went down had some OJ and yogurt. Then went for toast to share with the little one. So I ripped some pieces up for the little one and eating the rest...and OMG almost all it gone and my kid eating it! Got it out the little ones mouth as I am gaging. I said something to the front desk lady who was more worried about her cup of coffee and muffin and her nose to high in the air to see she should be concerned. I then spent the whole day unable to leave from the runs and weak stomache and the little one as well. So I went down that night to metion something again to the front desk which again was a
'O really...i don't care!' So my having paid how much... Over a hundred dollars in the middle of a week even and couldnt eat and wake up a second morning not willing to risk it....decided maybe I should let others know that paying that extra dollar doesnt always get you very far. Also when theres a restraunt attatched and the could have offered my something...

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank YouLanDaSugarBaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brainerd MN
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Everything about my stay was incredible! The moment I entered I was greeted by friendly, efficient staff in a large beautifully decorated lobby. My room had double shower heads with an awesome back massager built in plus a huge jacuzzi tub. The room decor was very modern and included a large flat screen TV. Our bed was very comfortable and the microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot were great. In the morning we went down for breakfast and it was huge and delicious with healthy food options available along with belgian waffles and much more. The breakfast was better than any restaurant I've been to lately.
There is a fitness center, a large pool with a water slide, kids slide and a large hot tub on site as well.
They also have a great restaurant with delicious food plus a large convention center for weddings, seminars etc. The location is just off the highway and within walking distance of the movie theatre, Target and many other stores.
You can not go wrong staying at this hotel I will go there any chance I get!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel room was amazing. The shower was very nice- 2 shower heads. We had enough space for our 1 year old to run around and everyone was comfortable. We also enjoyed the kiddie pool.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Mermaid Waters
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Whilst touring Minnesota found this lovely hotel. Rooms and bathrooms were excellent. Well appointed bedroom, visually attractive and veryclean. Plenty of nice thick towels and attractive amenities. Space in the bathroom to put everything. Coffee maker with proper cups - not paper or plastic and glass glasses. Included breakfast was special, and nicely presented with hot items and waffles etc. fresh fruit. China plates and cups and proper cutlery was a nice change to encounter. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Would rate this hotel very highly and not expensive either. They deserve a five star rating without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband, 1 year old daughter and I stayed at the Timberlake Lodge on a Saturday night. We were in town for a wedding reception, located right across the street at the Eagle's. The lobby is tastefully decorated in warm, muted tones. We arrived an hour before check-in time and the front desk staff checked to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but she offered us the same type of room, on a different floor, that was ready. We took that room instead.

In the room, there was a king bed, desk, two sitting chairs, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron and hair dryer (a regular one, not the kind that mounts on a wall). The room was beautifully decorated and in clean and tidy condition. In the bathroom, there were plenty of clean, fluffy white towels and extra amenities such as a shaving kit, toothbrush and mouthwash were provided, in addition to the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. My favorite part about the hotel were the dual shower heads in the oversize shower- very luxurious!

My daughter enjoyed the pool and my husband enjoyed the water slide. The towels provided in the pool area are of decent size, not like some hand towels given at other hotel pools. The only downside about the pool is that it doesn't open in the morning until 9am. We were hoping to fit in an early morning swim before we checked out, but had to leave before the pool opened.

There are a variety of TV channels provided in the rooms, including HBO. Snacks like ice cream, chips, frozen dinners, sundries and local gifts are available for purchase in the pantry, located next to the front desk.

Another highlight of our trip was the delicious free breakfast. Definitely the best hotel breakfast I've ever had! In addition to breads, muffins, bagels, cold cereal,milk, yogurt, both fresh and cut fruit, they offered make-your-own waffles (awesome!), scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, potatoes and sausage skillet breakfast and a hot chocolate and cappuccino machine. Unfortunately, their juice machine was out of order that morning. The staff in the cafe area were constantly checking to make sure that enough food was set out and that the tables were clear after guests left.

If you are going to Grand Rapids, stay at the Timberlake Lodge! You won't regret it. I wish we had another reason to visit the area, just so we can stay at this hotel again :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen H
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We were travelling through the area and needed to choose an overnight location. As i have been in the area years ago, i was not expecting a great deal of options, but found this hotel online and reserved here. It was difficult to beleive that a hotel of this quality was in such a small resort town. The front desk staff were exceptional, the lobby was immaculate, the business centre (desk) was excellent! When we entered the room it featured a 42" flat screen, an awesome executive shower, and a nice lounging chair.
The breakfast lounge in the AM was full of guests, but always maintained and clean. The comlimentary hot breakfast really put this hotel over the top. Very well done, and I highly recommend this one!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and two children (7 & 4) stayed here two nights while in town to see family. The hotel is immaculate and has a warm, welcoming feel to it. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little hard to find from the road, if not for our GPS telling us to turn, we would have missed it. The kids loved the pools, especially the kiddie pool w/ frog slide. The big water slide is very dark and if you're not careful you'll get water up your nose, buy hey, it's a water slide-water up the nose is a given. The beds were soft and the pillows were awesome-no sore necks for anyone. The bathrooms were very nice with a huge tub and granite countertop (at least it looked like granite-but I'm not expert). The restaurant in the hotel was okay...kids food was priced right, but I think the adult meals were too much. I had the Chicken Flatbread pizza and bit into a bone the size of a quarter, which could have been a big deal had I broke a tooth or swallowed it. Overall, though, if all you have to complain about is a chicken bone in a pizza, you're doing pretty darn good. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I did not expect a hotel of this caliber to be in this area, so it was indeed a pleasant surprise. Not to mention it's very close to downtown, Target, Walmart and many other restaurants. Eight thumbs up from this family of four.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
#2 of 11 in Grand Rapids
The Itascan Motel
The Itascan Motel
#9 of 11 in Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!