Timberlake Lodge Hotel
$112
Country Inn
AmericInn Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$105
Super 8 Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$75
The Itascan Motel(Grand Rapids)
$69
$59
Hotel Rapids(Grand Rapids)
$69
Forest Lake Motel(Grand Rapids)
$70
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
All reviewspool areaeggssausagebeautiful hotelbirthday partyincluded breakfastdual shower headsperson showerhotel restaurantliving areaan extended stayin townhot tubfull buffetspa tubnorthern minnesotafront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My young family of four loved our king suite! The boys loved having their own "room" sleeping on the pullout couch and my husband and I appreciated not having a door between us, yet still being able to watch tv at night (not spongebob) and not keep the kids up. It was an added bonus that the double headed showers were amazing!!!
My boys loved the pool-it was perfect for them. They loved the frog water slide and not having to wear their life jackets the entire time.
The towels were readily available and ultra cushy-not like the exfoliating hotel towels I am used to!
We had such a great time and loved the nice breakfast in the morning. All of the staff was very nice and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! Totally worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear MelissaOberg,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to comment on your recent stay with us! It sounds like that suite really worked for you, and we're so glad that you chose us for your visit to Grand Rapids! It's always nice for the children to be able to feel like they have their own space, and for the adults to feel the same way. I will make sure to share all of your excellent comments with all of our staff; they always appreciate knowing that we have made our guests as happy as you are. Thank you again, please come back and see us soon!

Shawn P. Thomas
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a lovely lodge and the rooms is quite nice, especially the bathroom. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and rooms are clean and well-lit. Food is very northern Minnesota and simple, but it's fine in a pinch. Breakfast was very good and hearty. Only concerns are small--need to have more bathroom hooks in the bathroom if you would like guests to use towels more than once. Workout room is very basic--equipment is okay, but no towels, no water cups or water, no wipes to clean equipment after/before use. Finally, only serious concern is twice we asked for new room keys--ours stopped working midway through visit, and we misplaced one--neither time were we asked for ID. We believe this is a serious security issue. Otherwise, definitely would stay there again, and really enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Good afternoon Koreen R!

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us, and thank you for your excellent comments regarding both the facility and our staff!

Reviews such as yours help us identify both the services we are doing well, and areas that need additional attention. In your review, you have given us a few areas where we have an opportunity to exceed the experience you had with us.

Firstly, we will take a look at adding addition towel hangers into rooms. While we will have to confer with both our Maintenance Department and our ownership to find the best way to handle this, please know that we will give it our full attention.

Secondly, based upon your comments, we are going to change the methods that we use to stock our Exercise Room. As we typically stock it with towels, water and cleaning wipes through the day, to have a situation like yours, where none were available, shows an obvious need to change how we handle this procedure.

Finally, we will be addressing the issue you had with your keys this with our Front Desk staff immediately to ensure that we do not have that type of situation occur in the future. We want all of our guests to feel safe and secure, and while we missed that opportunity with you, we will make sure we don’t in the future. As such, I will be holding an immediate training session with our staff regarding guidelines on guest verification and safety for the future.

We’re very sorry that your experience with us caused you to give us such a low score. Please know that we take your comments and concerns very seriously, and hope that you give us another chance to display the type of experience we are known for. If there is anything at all you would like to discuss further, or if you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to take care of you to the best of my ability. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope you have a great day!

Shawn P. Thomas
Guest Services Manager
guestservices@timberlakelodgehotel.com

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I travel the country for a living. I have logged over 585 nights on the road over the last two years. I have stayed with all the big name hotels. Without a doubt in my mind, I recommend a stay at the Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids, MN. Their staff, rooms, restaurant on site, free breakfast, pool on site, are only some of the things I love about this place. Their business model should be admired and copied throughout the country. They set the bar for every other hotel chain. Do yourself a favor and stay in this fantastic facility !!!

Safe travels,
JEFF GONZALEZ

Room Tip: The king fireplace and Spa Suites are AWESOME !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Mr. Gonzalez

Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience with us here at the Timberlake Lodge. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't quite partial to our location as well. We like the phrase "Without the staff we only have fancy box" everyone on our team tries their best every day to make the Timberlake home for our guests. I will share your kind words throughout the building and let everyone know we are in the right direction and to keep it up! Thanks again and please stay safe out there on the road!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Timberlake a few times over the years when visiting family in Grand Rapids. Although we typically prefer a resort setting where our kids (ages 6 & 8) can run around outside, the pool is very nice for kids, especially for a town of this size. The pool area has a water slide entering the main pool, a shallow pool for younger kids & toddlers, and a hot tub.

The hotel is relatively new so it's not outdated. My kids like the North Woods decor, for example the lobby has a nice large fire place with cozy seating around it. We most often stay in a "Children's Suite," which is very nice for kids & parents. (My room rating is based on these nicer suites, the other rooms are fine but average from my experience.) The Children's Suites have two adjoining rooms, and they are located near the pool. The kids room has bunk beds, a futon, a bean bag, a rocking horse, and kids decor. The kids room bath has an oversized tub, which makes it easy to dunk more than one kid at a time after they get out of the pool. The adult room has a comfortable king-size bed (bed is good, pillows not so great), and a bathroom with a huge oversize shower for two. Both rooms have a mini-fridge, and a breakfast buffet is included in the price. Staff has always been very accommodating (for example, we have had no problem getting a late check-out so kids can swim longer), and rooms are always clean and comfortable.

A few minor "cons" that I think could be easily fixed: There is no pay-per-view. Having our own bedroom with the Children's Suite, we were looking forward to watching a movie after getting the kids to bed. No such luck. Also, in the Children's Suite, the kids' room has blinds but they aren't room-darkening, and unlike the adult room, there are no heavy, dark curtains to go over the blinds. Hence, our kids woke very early to the bright morning sun.

The hotel location is right in town, so it's convenient if you want to go to the movies or run to a store, but not a place where you will be hiking or roaming around outside. There is a restaurant with an outdoor patio, though.

Overall, we think this is a convenient, nice hotel in town. Staff have always been friendly and helpful. It's a very good place for families.

• Stayed: May 2014
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear AugustAtHeart

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. Our children's suites are one of our favorite rooms too! Great space to let the younger crowd have something of their own. We are currently looking at our pillows and are planning to make a change in the future, next time you stay let us know if they have improved. Thank you also for pointing out the light issue in the suite. I will share that with our general manager and see if we can find a solution. Thanks again for your review, see you soon and safe travels!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here after driving all day and deciding at the last minute that I wanted to break my trip up into two days. This was a last minute decision, and we were just looking for a place to sleep for the night, but I wanted to find something that my children would also enjoy. About 30 minutes before I got into town, I called and was greeted by a friendly front desk agent who reserved my room. Because I had my two young children, my wife and I decided to go with the Spa Suite, which has a spa bath tub in the bedroom.

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent was friendly and quickly got us our room.

Our room was very nice and clean. The carpet and linen were clean. The bathroom was beautiful, and the double headed shower was great. The water temperature and pressure were perfect.

We eventually went swimming at the pool, and were surprised that we were the only ones there. The pool area looked very nice and clean. The water was a good temperature for all three of the pools; the kiddie pool, the regular pool, and the hot tub. Sadly, the big water slide was closed while we were there, so we did not get to experience that.

We ordered room service from the in house restaurant. The prices were a bit high, but it looked like a moderately upscale restaurant. My wife and I each ordered a steak. I don't know that the steaks were worth the $30 each we paid, but they were good, and it was convenient, so I was satisfied.

The complimentary breakfast was very good compared to most other hotels. There were several choices from eggs to cereal to yogurt.

Overall, I was extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. I would recommend it to anybody staying in the area, and if I'm ever in Grand Rapids again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank John R
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear John R

Thank you for your thorough and detailed review of our property in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. We highly value all customer reviews as each one gives us a chance to improve. I will make to to let the housekeeping department to keep up the phenomenal work they certainly are a crew with great attention to detail. Our executive chef will be please to hear you enjoyed his cuisine, I will make sure we double check our cost percentage and make sure we are still on point, glad you found in convenient. Often if we have available hands we can turn on the water slide for a short span of time even on the off days. During the winter the slide is run Friday, Saturday, Sunday. When we do turn to summer hours it is 7 days a week. Thank you again for your review of the Timberlake Lodge, I hope the rest of your trip goes well and we see you in the future.