“Business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timberlake Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Fenton, Michigan
“Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I travel the country for a living. I have logged over 585 nights on the road over the last two years. I have stayed with all the big name hotels. Without a doubt in my mind, I recommend a stay at the Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids, MN. Their staff, rooms, restaurant on site, free breakfast, pool on site, are only some of the things I love about this place. Their business model should be admired and copied throughout the country. They set the bar for every other hotel chain. Do yourself a favor and stay in this fantastic facility !!!

Safe travels,
JEFF GONZALEZ

Room Tip: The king fireplace and Spa Suites are AWESOME !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Gonzalez

Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience with us here at the Timberlake Lodge. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't quite partial to our location as well. We like the phrase "Without the staff we only have fancy box" everyone on our team tries their best every day to make the Timberlake home for our guests. I will share your kind words throughout the building and let everyone know we are in the right direction and to keep it up! Thanks again and please stay safe out there on the road!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Timberlake a few times over the years when visiting family in Grand Rapids. Although we typically prefer a resort setting where our kids (ages 6 & 8) can run around outside, the pool is very nice for kids, especially for a town of this size. The pool area has a water slide entering the main pool, a shallow pool for younger kids & toddlers, and a hot tub.

The hotel is relatively new so it's not outdated. My kids like the North Woods decor, for example the lobby has a nice large fire place with cozy seating around it. We most often stay in a "Children's Suite," which is very nice for kids & parents. (My room rating is based on these nicer suites, the other rooms are fine but average from my experience.) The Children's Suites have two adjoining rooms, and they are located near the pool. The kids room has bunk beds, a futon, a bean bag, a rocking horse, and kids decor. The kids room bath has an oversized tub, which makes it easy to dunk more than one kid at a time after they get out of the pool. The adult room has a comfortable king-size bed (bed is good, pillows not so great), and a bathroom with a huge oversize shower for two. Both rooms have a mini-fridge, and a breakfast buffet is included in the price. Staff has always been very accommodating (for example, we have had no problem getting a late check-out so kids can swim longer), and rooms are always clean and comfortable.

A few minor "cons" that I think could be easily fixed: There is no pay-per-view. Having our own bedroom with the Children's Suite, we were looking forward to watching a movie after getting the kids to bed. No such luck. Also, in the Children's Suite, the kids' room has blinds but they aren't room-darkening, and unlike the adult room, there are no heavy, dark curtains to go over the blinds. Hence, our kids woke very early to the bright morning sun.

The hotel location is right in town, so it's convenient if you want to go to the movies or run to a store, but not a place where you will be hiking or roaming around outside. There is a restaurant with an outdoor patio, though.

Overall, we think this is a convenient, nice hotel in town. Staff have always been friendly and helpful. It's a very good place for families.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear AugustAtHeart

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. Our children's suites are one of our favorite rooms too! Great space to let the younger crowd have something of their own. We are currently looking at our pillows and are planning to make a change in the future, next time you stay let us know if they have improved. Thank you also for pointing out the light issue in the suite. I will share that with our general manager and see if we can find a solution. Thanks again for your review, see you soon and safe travels!
Michigan, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here after driving all day and deciding at the last minute that I wanted to break my trip up into two days. This was a last minute decision, and we were just looking for a place to sleep for the night, but I wanted to find something that my children would also enjoy. About 30 minutes before I got into town, I called and was greeted by a friendly front desk agent who reserved my room. Because I had my two young children, my wife and I decided to go with the Spa Suite, which has a spa bath tub in the bedroom.

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent was friendly and quickly got us our room.

Our room was very nice and clean. The carpet and linen were clean. The bathroom was beautiful, and the double headed shower was great. The water temperature and pressure were perfect.

We eventually went swimming at the pool, and were surprised that we were the only ones there. The pool area looked very nice and clean. The water was a good temperature for all three of the pools; the kiddie pool, the regular pool, and the hot tub. Sadly, the big water slide was closed while we were there, so we did not get to experience that.

We ordered room service from the in house restaurant. The prices were a bit high, but it looked like a moderately upscale restaurant. My wife and I each ordered a steak. I don't know that the steaks were worth the $30 each we paid, but they were good, and it was convenient, so I was satisfied.

The complimentary breakfast was very good compared to most other hotels. There were several choices from eggs to cereal to yogurt.

Overall, I was extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. I would recommend it to anybody staying in the area, and if I'm ever in Grand Rapids again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John R
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear John R

Thank you for your thorough and detailed review of our property in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. We highly value all customer reviews as each one gives us a chance to improve. I will make to to let the housekeeping department to keep up the phenomenal work they certainly are a crew with great attention to detail. Our executive chef will be please to hear you enjoyed his cuisine, I will make sure we double check our cost percentage and make sure we are still on point, glad you found in convenient. Often if we have available hands we can turn on the water slide for a short span of time even on the off days. During the winter the slide is run Friday, Saturday, Sunday. When we do turn to summer hours it is 7 days a week. Thank you again for your review of the Timberlake Lodge, I hope the rest of your trip goes well and we see you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nice lodge like hotel to stay at. If you get a suite, it is pretty spacious. The pantry has really reasonably priced items, just slightly higher than a regular store. The attached restaurant has pretty good food, but in my opinion, it is slightly limited in its offerings. The pool area is nice, however, the slide is only staffed Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I did not see that anywhere on the website or at the hotel itself. Finally, after multiple requests, they turned it on for about 45 minutes mid week. I think they should either state the hours/days of the slide, or maybe have it on every night for an hour or so, with set hours. And have that information available on the website or posted somewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jessiemendez
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Jessiemendez

Thank you for taking time out of your traveling schedule to review our property, every one gives us a chance to analyze what we are doing and make the needed adjustments. Thank you for your kind words regarding our lodging amenities and camp store! I will pass your comment on the restaurant onto our executive, he will be pleased to hear you liked the taste and will find encouragement to offer a greater variety. We will most definitely make it a priority to focus on the operating of the slide, during the summer it is 7 days a week, slower months in the winter due to operating costs we keep the Friday-Sunday schedule. I really like your suggestion about having a short operating period during slow days. Next time you stay with us please let us know how we are doing!
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've been to numerous hotels around the world; Places that have a claim of 4 or 5 stars. The Timberlake Lodge puts them all to shame. Our Check in was flawless; the front desk workers, Jordan and Chad were very knowledgeable, friendly, and helped us get right into our room. The rooms amenity's were amazing; a king bed, spa bath and a double headed shower, to name a few. The room was clean; cleaner than I have seen in a long time. Room service was prompt and professional, with amazing food to boot! Overall i can honestly say that they have gained a customer for life. I Live three hours away and would gladly make the trip up here once a month for the amazing stay that Timberlake Lodge offers.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the fireplace suite if possible. not much more up charge - plenty of valve for what you...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy C
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jeremy C

Thank you for taking your time to review on your experience with us here at the Timberlake Lodge. To hear such a well versed traveler compare us to 4 or 5 star places around the globe certainly has everyone walking a couple inches higher today. Our front desk staff will be very please to get a copy in their mail boxes as well! I will also let Chef know his food was well appreciated and completed the experience. It really does take a whole team under this roof and you have outlined that to a T. Thanks again and safe travels!
Cohasset, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Melt in your mouth, most tender and flavorful steak I've eaten in years. Hats off to the chef. Wait staff was polite, fast, knowledgeable and fun to talk with. Five Stars for sure. Thanks a bunch, Jeff S.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Jeff S.

Thank you for your kind review on our in house restaurant the 17th Street Grill. Have a gem we have all under one roof for in house and in town guests. I will make sure I pass your review on to Chef and his entire team so that can see that hard work is really paying off! Thanks again and safe travels.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I spend a lot of nights in hotels in rural communities. Every once and while I come across one that stands out. The Timberlake is one of those great places. The decor of both the hotel and the rooms has a warm feel. I had interactions with a number of staff, the consistency of the service experience was excellent. i had two meals in the restaurant. The chef in the kitchen knows how to make a meal. The restaurant gets fresh fish every week.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Frequenttravelerdave

Thank you for taking time out of your traveling schedule to say a few words about our hotel in Grand Rapids, MN. We strive to provide great service and we thank you for noticing it seemed to be consistent as well. I will pass your compliments around and building and let Chef know to keep it up!! Thanks again and save travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River
Country Inn By Carlson, Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!