“Awesome place to stay - can't wait to go back!!!”

Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome place to stay - can't wait to go back!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for work for only one night. I was not sure what to expect since you never know what you are going to get from a non-chain hotel. It was amazing. From the moment I walked in the door the staff was polite and nice. The lobby was great but the room was amazing. Tastefully decorated with the most amazing shower I have ever used. Didn't use the pool area but it looked like it would be fun. It was quiet in the hotel and I slept great. The free breakfast was fabulous - with lots of choices and nice fresh food. I have already told my husband that we need to go here just to stay for a weekend sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fridley, Minnesota
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My in-laws live up by Lake of the Woods, so Grand Rapids is a great place to meet up for a weekend. We booked this hotel for the first time a few years ago and will not stay anywhere else! The staff is friendly, the beds are a dream come true for someone with a bad back (me), and the food! I had the incredible seared ahi tuna and my husband had what he maintains is the best ribeye he's ever had! Not to sound like a snob or anything but we've eaten at the big name steakhouses in the Cities so for the steak to be that magnificent is very impressive! We're supposed to be meeting up again at the end of November but I don't know if I can wait that long!

The only negative is that I always wind up checking out late because I cannot get enough of that shower. Okay, I need to head up there this weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We planned our road trip so that Timberlake Lodge was a planned stop, rather than just another hotel. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night! But we did enjoy using the grand room, the beautiful pool area (attentively staffed the evening we were there), fitness room & even the guest laundry. Room was just fine. The entire premises had a peaceful, relaxing feel. Would make this a destination stop if we ever driving through again!

Room Tip: Confirm you reservation EARLY to ensure availability!
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear bestillfamily

Wow! Thank you for making our hotel a destination in your road trip. Here at the Timberlake we strive to promote that peaceful at home feeling. We will be looking forward to hosting you again in the future.
Fargo, ND
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I wish I could have stayed here longer, but my company would frown on that. The bed was comfy, the room was nicely decorated, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I'll be back as soon as I can get back to GR!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 13, 2013

1) For about $120/night we enjoyed a roomy space (a suite at other hotels) with a luxurious bathroom and a well-furnished and organized layout that perfectly accommodated lounging, using our laptop, etc.
2) The included breakfast makes the price even more reasonable. I was blown away by the many offerings and the well-kept, large buffet room to enjoy them.
3) The hotel is immaculately clean, as well. Service is very responsive
The hotel has a modest exercise room, and a pool you could almost do laps in.
We ate in the restaurant, but I think we caught them on an understaffed night. Service was slow and a little frenetic. The maitre'd/manager was alternately greeting, seating, and working the bar, but you had to admire his hustle. Food was ok, but we came to prefer the Sawmill Inn down the road.
If weather permits, you may find the Mississippi river walk and native prairie planting by the Blandin Foundation peaceful and relaxing. (Take a look at their nearby library. Extraordinary for a town of this size!)
The County Historical Museum downtown is a hoot, especially if you like a) Judy Garland and b) hockey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel had a great central location, very clean lobby and room. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, waffles, cereal and more. Breakfast room was clean and well attended too.
Ate in the restaurant several nights and had AMAZING food and service!
Front desk staff was always very courteous and helpful, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend and they really did a top notch job. We called late to book a room for a wedding, and were told most of the regular rooms were booked (which we expected) but that their King Spa room was available. I booked it, and when I called my wife to tell her, she said, "Let go up on Friday night too". The room was available, so book it we did. The front desk staff is friendly and prompt. The room looked small from the photos on their website, but is actually quite roomy, and the bathroom (jetted-tub and two person shower) was indeed spa-like:) We got in later on Friday night and headed down to the 17th street grill for a late dinner. We weren't expecting much from the hotel restaurant, but were pleasantly surprised. Our server was friendly, and the food was rich and delicious. I got the sirloin, and my wife a chicken avocado sandwich. Both came with salads, and the Brussels sprouts were excellent drenched in butter and garlic with bacon on top. Our total bill was only $41.50. ?!? In fact, we thought at first that we got the wrong tab, and when we called the waitress over, she pointed out it was right. Great value for a top notch dinner. Their continental breakfast is very good too. I normally don't eat breakfast, but did both days. Hot biscuits, sausage, eggs, waffles, etc. Not just cold cereal and toaster waffles. We didn't go in the pool at all because we were too busy with other things, but both times we walked by, it was not that busy considering that it is a large pool or small water/park depending on how you look at it.
Our interaction with staff was all very friendly and positive, and the place was very clean and inviting. Overall, if you have to be in grand rapids, stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Grand Rapids
The Itascan Motel
The Itascan Motel
#7 of 11 in Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!