“Will definitely return!”

Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Short and sweet:
Room was clean, quiet, and a great place to get a little work done after a long day, even without a full sized desk. Shower and Jacuzzi tub were just what the doctor ordered to start and end a long day, respectively. The staff I interacted with were pleasant and helpful, and I feel that the rate was very fair.
As an added bonus, the 17th Street Grill had a good menu, a good bar with pleasant wait staff and barkeep, and the food was very good. It's always nice when you can get everything in one shot, and the Timberlake lodge definitely made that happen for me.
When I'm back in the Grand Rapids area, I know where I'll be booking my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent the night at Timberlake Lodge unexpectedly when our minivan broke down as we were headed more than 600 miles home to Illinois. As it was late in the day when we arrived, they had no rooms available to accommodate our needs BUT immediately checked their guest list for who would be arriving yet that day and made a call to ask if they could upgrade another guest for free in order to provide for our needs. They all treated us like family, asking often how our van repair was going and if we needed anything. The motel was wonderful, couldn't have been stranded at a better place! The grandkids so enjoyed the beautiful pool area! The hot breakfast was delicious! The room was clean and beds so comfy! Thank you Timberlake Lodge!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just spent the weekend at the Timberlake Lodge for a wedding and I was very pleasantly surprised by the entire hotel. The staff when we arrived was very helpful and pleasant, getting us checked in as quickly as possible and assisting us with our need for a crib. We had requested a room near the pool and it was accommodated, putting us in a room 4 doors from the pool entrance. The lobby is very warm and comfortable, with couches and chairs meant for relaxing, as well as a computer for complimentary internet use. Wifi is free throughout the hotel so you can also easily use your own computer or device. The room was beautiful. We had a king room and it was very clean and large, with two lounge chairs, a desk with chair, the bed, and a small kitchenette with microwave and dorm-sized refrigerator as well as a coffee pot. The bathroom was the best part, however, all tile and granite with a GIANT walk-in double headed shower with optional body jets! I took two showers a day because the shower was so comfortable and beautiful. Another favorite amenity was the daily included breakfast. They had eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, coffee, juice, and two waffle machines. When we went to breakfast, it was busy but not overcrowded and there was always a place to sit. We did notice that small dogs were allowed in the hotel, which made me nervous as I have an allergy, but we never smelled or heard dogs while inside the hotel. The location of the hotel is great, very near lots of restaurants. Lastly, we did visit the pool area one evening. It has a little 1' deep wading pool for kids with a little water slide, a giant water slide that curves outside and comes back in to, a regular pool area, and a large hot tub. The pool always had people in it but we enjoyed the 10-11pm block which is Adults Only. Some friends of ours tried the in-hotel restaurant and the food was good but not spectacular and a bit overprices, not surprising for a hotel restaurant. With so many restaurants nearby, it wouldn't be difficult to go elsewhere. The attached event center was where the wedding reception was held and it was lovely, large, private, and had a lovely patio to enjoy the evening air. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return to this hotel if we return to Grand Rapids.

Room Tip: There is a stairway in the entry to the 2nd floor so it would be very easy to get up to the 2nd floo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent one night here, and I was pleased with the quality of the hotel and amenities. I felt that the price was very reasonable for the product delivered.

The front desk staff was very friendly and the process was quick. Next to the reception desk there is a small store where you can buy snacks, soft drinks, and a limited number of frozen meals.

I stayed in room 302 which was billed as a king suite. It is actually just a large room with a small sofa, but it also has a refrigerator and micorwave. The bathroom was very nice with a two head, oversized shower as well as a jetted two person tub. There were ample towels that were oversized and nicer than the towels at most hotels.

The carpet was plush and soft on the feet! All the furniture was mission styled and of higher quality than you usually see in a hotel of this level. The room has an individual air conditioning unit that worked well and added nice background noise for sleeping.

There is a decent buffet breakfast served in the cafe as part of the room rate. There is an attached bar and grill, but I didn't visit it while I was there.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Grand Rapids.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a king room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent one week during the summer of 2012. For the first days got a large room good for 6 people or more with bedroom, kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. Later changed to single room, also nicely appointed and very comfy. PROS: clean, new, very nice staff, breakfast, large parking lot, location, lobby and common areas. CONS: none

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Really nice hotel. Easy, nice, friendly, helpful check in staff. The room was big and clean. The pool are is very nice but we did not use it. Even though the location of the hotel is right in town it is not as noisy as I first expected it to be. I found the entire staff to be very accommodating. They are pet friendly which is an added bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bmts2004
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really nice hotel. Easy and friendly check in. Consistently nice staff for the duration of my stay. Great free breakfast. Waffles, eggs, yummy sausage. Indoor pool and hot tub. If I had been travelling with kids, I know the pool area with their slides would have been well-used. I do have to say that my favorite thing was the shower. Double shower heads with vertical shower jets on both sides with plenty of warm water was in my room, waiting for me whenever I was ready! I have never had a shower like that!! Seriously, it's worth staying just for the shower. The rooms are large, clean, and have a fridge and a microwave. There are reading lamps above the beds and my king room had two large upholstered chairs plus a desk. There was also a large flat screen TV. The lobby is also nice. The only drawback is that it is right behind a Motel 8 in town! They have a lovely restaurant. I hope I get to come back to Grand Rapids and stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 2 in Cohasset
Super 8 Grand Rapids
Super 8 Grand Rapids
#2 of 11 in Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!