“Had A lot of fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Staff were there for you, we had a large group. the drink and food, 5/21/13 very good. Tables were clean food an drink small price for what you got.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Big menu selection. Love the Hawaiian chicken sandwich. Great Bloody Mary's on Sundays. Lots of TV for sports.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Apparently there were some large parties there the night that we visited. While it added to the upbeat atmosphere, it did not hinder the service at all. The 2 people behind the bar were about the most efficient I have ever seen. And they were still friendly. The food was good and the drinks reasonably priced at happy hour.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I first visited JJ's Clubhouse because we had an Entertainment 2 for 1 coupon and happened to be in the area. I didn't expect much walking in - it was rather dark and had a lingering "this used to be a smokey bar" smell. But there were plenty of TVs - including some with Buzztime trivia, which I really enjoy - and the menu looked promising.

My boyfriend ordered the walleye sandwich, which I tried. It was the best walleye I've had in ages. Even though the menu stated the fish was dipped in Dijon batter (which neither my boyfriend nor I like), the batter didn't really taste like Dijon. It was light and flavorful, and the fish tasted fresh. The tartar sauce was downright yummy. I had a French dip, which was good (would have been very good if the bun had been buttered and then toasted on the grill a bit).

We went back a couple of weeks later with another coupon, but didn't even use it. We got there during happy hour, and ALL appetizers were half price. We ordered buffalo wings (yum), onion rings (super sweet), and chicken fingers all for about $12. The plate of chicken tenders was ridiculous. There were 5 tenders (most places give you only 3), the breading was light and crispy, and the chicken was moist.

So far, everything has tasted homemade and delicious, so I'm looking forward to trying other menu items. The service also has been really good, and the prices are very reasonable. We'll definitely go back... soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We came here under the suggestion of our front desk agent at the Homewood Suites. We were looking for a fish fry in the area which is more difficult to find than one could imagine!

This is a nice place to take your family and get some decent food at great prices (considering the area you are in). A walleye fish fry was only $8.50 and served with slaw and fries. Burgers are under $9 each and plenty of other choices are offered. Our service was prompt and the atmosphere was inviting.