“Meh ..... it was okay.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 94
Minnesota
“Meh ..... it was okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had lunch here the other day, and were not awed by the experience. The interior is very dated, and is in the process of being renovated, so there is black plastic sheeting in places. Our chef was very quiet and the cooking process was not much of a show. While the portions are very large, I thought the fried rice had little taste (unless you dowse it in yummy sauce) and the lemon chicken was basically a nice piece of chicken breast with a cursory squeeze of lemon. Locally, I think Osaka has a better "show" and tastier food.

• Visited September 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Get you in - get you out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Birthday dinner with family and we thought the kids would like the show type dinner. We made reservations a few days in advance and could only get in at 5:00pm for the first seating of the night, so this place is popular. The first thing I noticed was the sort of run down looking carpet and walls, it wasn't horrible or anything but it needs sprucing up (or turn the lights down more) we were seated at a table with another family with kids so that was nice. As soon as I sat down I could smell a stinky garbage/sewer smell, I think it was coming from under the cook top where they keep supplies, not what you want to smell when you're about to eat. We ordered our food and waited for the chef, we got soup and salad to start that was not to the liking of my kids. It wasn't too bad but nothing great. The chef showed up and cooked our meals, he was talented with the onion volcano and the flipping of the shrimp so that was good. The other tables got the EXACT same shows as we did so they loose a bit for creativity there. All the food was fine but the thing that really wrecked it for me was that we had our meal for literally 2 seconds and the lady came over and wanted us to put the food in to go boxes and move on. Shows over now get out. I would not go back to this Benihanas again. On the up side the prices were not as bad as I was expecting and the food was fine, but don't think you're going to get to sit around and chat at this place after or during dinner

• Visited February 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun Experience, Great Food, but the Restaurant interior is dated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I've been to Benihana multiple times in different locations but this one is my favorite. Every time I go here I have reservations and I get seated relatively close to my reservation time but rarely on time. That is about my only complaint when it comes to service. I've had many chefs at this location (Kenny being my favorite) and they all treat you well and prepare DELICIOUS food. This, in my opinion, is the best hibachi restaurant out there. This would be a 4 star rating if they didn't have such a dated interior. I know it is a minor gripe but if you are paying $30.00+ per person you expect the restaurant to be a little classier. However, the food makes up for it every time.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank MNVikings2011
St. Paul, Minnesota
“Good food with long waits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The food is real good so we keep coming back. The show is good but a little better at the Maple Grove location. High prices but well worth it! Id recommend making reservations or be prepared for a 45 minute to hour and a half wait time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thatgirl84
Granite Falls, Minnesota
“Awesome food, needs updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Husband and I went for our anniversary. Have been to other Benihanas before. The food was awesome as it is on other locations. Though this location definitely needs some updating. The appearance of the place is very worn out. The staff also seemed liked they had worked too hard that day. Nobody was rude but weren't excited and ready for a "show" either.
We love to go to this restaurant chain with family and friends but will probably not return to this location.

• Visited August 2011