“Very tasty food, quiet location”

Osaka Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #24 of 35 Restaurants in Golden Valley
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Trempealeau
“Very tasty food, quiet location”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I took my son to lunch at Osaka and we used a Groupon. I loved the atmosphere and the waitress was very attentive. My son had never tried raw fish before - he had only eaten California rolls, and he agreed to try it. The food was delicious, and between the two of us, we had enough California roll plus other things for him to try. He even tried the sashimi. I was not so sure about the neighborhood, but the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere was consistent with what I have experienced in other locations.

• Visited June 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“If only the food was as awesome as the building”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were excited to check this place out. Received a Groupon for $30 as a gift. Called to make reservations and it was prompt. Parking is in a large private lot. When we entered the restaurant the design is impressive. We felt like we were in New York City. First impression of the staff was not professional. An Asian man was shouting at a group of six to follow him to the Hibachi table. It was not crowded, so the loud tone was not needed. The female who sat us in a booth was very friendly and professional. The center sushi bar is impressive looking. Our waitress was a bit rushed and could have been friendlier. When we ordered we presented the Groupon as instructed on the coupon. We decided on the shrimp/vegetable tempura and the three roll tuna/salmon roll entree. We also wanted a shimp tempura roll as an appetizer. When we ordered, the waitress said "You can't order a roll and also use your Groupon." Really? You dont want to make a few extra bucks selling additional items. The entrees included miso soup and a small salad with house dressing. The miso soup was not edible. Had a hint of old fish or fish sauce. Nasty. The salad was awesome. I want a bottle of the house dressing. So yummy. The entrees were ok. The rolls were good, but only slightly better than grocery store sushi. The tempura looked awsome the way it was stacked. Impressive. The taste was average. The shrimp were huge and tasty, but a bit greasy. The tempura potato tasted like a McDonald's hashbrown that had been sitting around too long. Some of the items were hits, others were misses. Because of the decore we would say three stars. We are big fans of Wakame Sushi & Asian Bistro across from Lake Calhoun. Bottom line is if we compare a $30 dinner at Osaka Sushi and Hibachi with a $30 meal at Wakame, we would dine at Wakame Sushi & Asian Bistro.

• Visited April 2014
Bloomington, MN
“There's only so many "I'm sorry's".”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I chose to have sushi with a friend here instead of the nearby Benihana because I figured it would be less crowded. I was correct. The weather was crappy, so there were few people in the lounge/bar when we arrived. I waited for approximately 10 minutes before the sushi chef asked me if I wanted anything to drink. After asking if they had hard cider only drew a blank stare, I opted for water. My friend asked for some too, but he only brought me one. Another 15 minutes passed, at least three servers were in the bar and they all completely ignored us. Finally the hostess came over and asked if we wanted menus. She apologized many times for our wait. By this time we were the only people in the bar. Another 15 minutes for our sushi and three requests for water for my friend later, we were enjoying our meal. The sushi was very good and they gave us plenty of pickled ginger. Our check was dropped off and not picked up for 15 minutes. My friend, after threatening to go behind the bar and run it herself, got up and brought it to the hostess. She apologized again and again, but it made no difference. They could not have cared less that we were there. I won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun night and good food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A group of 4 of us went out on Saturday night for the Hibachi. The restaurant itself doesn't look like too much from the outside, but inside it looks really cool.

Service was great, the chef was funny and entertaining. Food all turned out great. One nice thing is that you are able to get noodles as well as fried rice here.

Everyone in our group agreed that it was a great time. We will definitely be coming back.

• Visited December 2013
Bloomington, MN
“Birthday Dinner went bad”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Came here with family for a birthday dinner and the service was slow, waited 1/2 hour for our drink order and when they finally did take our order, it took them much longer to come back with our drinks, so we decided to walk out. Our 1st time there was also a disaster so we decided to give them a 2nd chance, but they failed and lost a customer.

• Visited October 2013