Nong's Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times before and always are happy to go back. While service was slow in the past it wasn't tonight despite a full house! I had the Pad Thai dish with chicken, which was great. I can't remember what my wife had, but it was number 52 on the menu. I was envious of her dish as it tasted even better than mine! With my Groupon coupon thermal came to under $10! Wow!! There are so many things to try, that I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a neighborhood favourite. The food is fresh and the price is right!
Sometimes the service might be a little in the slow side (when busier) but overall good service
They have a good menu

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I think I first heard of this place from CityPages or Msp Mag, can't be sure but it made me want to try it. I'm glad we did, it was very good. Our server was very attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. Our jasmine tea was a little strong, but he did rebrew it for us and it was much better. We started with the calamari & crispy beef appetizers - skip the former, go for the latter. The beef was perfect - fresh, not too chewy, perfect amount of sauce and excellent with the sticky rice. My fiance ordered the drunken noodles - he didn't like it so much but I thought it was very good. I wasn't that hungry and went for the Muslim salad, which was actually pretty generous and delicious. I used the calamari as a topper for that and it tasted much better than by itself. I would recommend this place and will go here again. Not the best I've ever had, but certainly great food with a nice atmosphere. The prices are extremely reasonable - I think $25 for everything we ordered.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I thought the food was just OK. I picked up for a family of four, three dishes. We tried the Sweet and sour shrimp, cashew chicken and pineapple fried rice.

The shrimp dish only consisted of about five shrimp in the entire order. The cashew chicken was good. My main problem was the pineapple fried rice. When inquiring about the rice, it was mentioned that fresh pineapple was used. The pineapple int he dish was clearly the canned variety. The canned pineapple was also used in the shrimp dish.

The website has a menu with pictures. The pictures were not an accurate representation of what I received.

In summary, the food was OK. It would be a lot better if fresh ingredients were used.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We tried this restaurant because we had a Groupon but have gone back several times since (two more times in the first week!). The food is wonderful - authentic thai. The menu has a wide variety of options and the restaurant itself is clean and welcoming. The wait staff was attentive and the food was served quickly. We've also had take-out from this restaurant and the food was ready when promised. Chef Nong is an accomplished chef and we've never been disappointed with the food. Prior to trying Nong's our favorite thai restaurant was 40 minutes away and in a high (rush hour) traffic area. But we didn't think we'd find thai food we enjoyed as much, until we tried this place. Now Nong's is tied for our favorite thai restaurant. I highly recommend Nong's Thai Cuisine.