“Great for travelers on a budget”

Ramada Minneapolis Golden Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Golden Valley
Green Bay
“Great for travelers on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on a road trip to Minneapolis. We paid just $155 for two nights and had a very comfortable stay in a nice, clean room and enjoyed the free continental breakfast. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The location was perfect--not in the thick of things, but a fairly quick drive to all of our destinations.

There were only a few minor concerns. Our room (239) was directly below an executive suite that apparently has a hardwood floor; we heard a man's dress shoes walking above us early in the morning, and our next door neighbors could easily be heard talking loudly. Also, the water didn't smell like we should be drinking it (so we didn't).

Room Tip: Don't choose #239.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Nice convienent location. Close to many restaurants. No pool at this location. Greeted by Andrew at check-in. Super friendly. Room was very clean and well kept. Wireless internet worked well. drain in bathtub wouldn't stay up. I had to prop it up for the water to drain.Breakfast was ok. Overall, I was impressed for it being a super 8.

• Stayed March 2012
West Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had came into the hotel last night and wanted a comfortable place to sleep and have been there before , but previously we had checked in at an earlier time during the afternoon. The male that finally came and buzzed us in was sluggish and had a negative attitude towards us. When we asked the rates and best deals, he kept sighing like we were inconveniencing him. By the time we finally understood his slurring speech, the kids were getting antsy and instead of dealing with this , we got back in the van and continued to drive through to Fargo. This is bad. Super 8 has a good reputation, but people like this that they have hired for employment to treat their "bread and butter" with dissapointing service, make it all bad for everyone. We will remember this for a long time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Jackson, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I booked us for three nights at the Super 8 in Golden Valley. We were in Minneapolis to bike the trails. We got there early and our room wasn't ready, but the gal upgraded us for no charge so we could check in. It was a nice, big room! Friendly staff, great location to Downtown and Uptown and the bike trails. Next door is JJ's-a Sport's Bar--and also close is a Perkins and Benehana's. We walked to all of them!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I had major brain surgery in 2010 and have been back and forth with follow-up appts after 2010 and numerous appts. before my surgery. We have always stayed at this hotel and the staff rocks! The comfort and look of the rooms is inviting and comfortable! We are Twins fans and the location to Target field is great. I know this is going to sound like a cliche...but really the next best place to home is here.. When I walk in the staff knows who I am because as I've said I've been there more than a couple times and they know me. I always make sure and take the chocolate chip cookie they offer! I'm ready to leave today for my medical appts, catch a remaining Twins game because no matter what I am a Twins fan through and through, and really for a place to go to when I can't be at home...the Super 8 in Golden Valley is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Worthington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed the night here on a trip to the state fair. The staff was super nice and friendly and were willing to help out. They were happy to give us out of towners directions and had answers to our questions. We arrived late and the staff was understanding and gave our group an upgrade. The staff in the morning on check out was nice and remembered our names. I was very impressed and it was the best sleep ever. The mattresses were super comfortable. I will be coming back here for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were in town to drop my daughter off at college. This is the 3rd time we have stayed here, and again, it was a very good value for the money. We passed along our great find to other parents who were staying downtown for twice as much money and having to pay for parking!! What struck me is that many of the same employees were here as the time before and that they were sold out several nights we were there. I think that says something for the management, and that contributes to the smooth running of the hotel. Breakfast was good, room clean and comfy. Shower control was not working properly and after reporting it to front desk, was fixed while we were out for the day. Certainly great service, and look forward to out next visit to Minneapolis.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden Valley
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St Louis Park at West End
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - St...
#1 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis - Park Place
Doubletree by Hilton Minneapolis...
#2 of 6 in Saint Louis Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis / West-Minnetonka
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis We...
#5 of 6 in Saint Louis Park

Been to Ramada Minneapolis Golden Valley? Share your experiences!