“Rustic and Nostalgic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Woodlawn Resort & Campground
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Gotta say that the family that runs the resort is very friendly, personable, and easy to like. The campground looks like it would be a good place to stay, although it was devastated by downed trees and flooding when we were there. All cabins are about a block from the lake, but have a good view of it. Didn't check out the beach close up, but it did have a water slide and other things to do. The cabin we rented was very 1950-60ish...great for those who have a nostalgic streak. Not advisable for those with modern tastes. There were attempts at updating in the kitchen and bathroom, but looks to have been done some time ago. The kitchen was clean and well-stocked with about every dish, pan, and utensil you could need. It would be perfect for fishermen, snowmobilers, or hunters. Not sure the ladies would be impressed if they aren't adventurers. Those with mold and dust alergies might take warning...ceilings are rippled from water damage, and nooks and crannies need a good cleaning. (I put my pillow on the floor between the wall and bed when I discovered the pillowcase, although laundered, had red and black mildew stains on it...when I retrieved it before leaving, it had cobwebs and small bugs caught in the web.) Was a little expensive for the condition if comparing to other cabins we've rented, yet compared to other resorts in Glenwood, maybe not.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We felt very bad for the owners because a bad storm had gone through and lots of trees were down, etc. But it was also apparent that nothing had been kept up from the playground to the bathrooms. When dry I could see how the campgrounds itself could be nice. But lots of work is needed to bring this up to a place nice to stay. Great location--I hope they can do it. It didn't help we had partiers next to us until 4 a.m.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

A few friends and I went here last year to camp. The owners were very helpful, fun, friendly, and went out of their way to make it more accommodating. If you are expecting a Hilton-mint-on-the-pillow style resort, go elsewhere. At Woodlawn, everything is made to order, and I'm sure they would get you a mint if you wanted. Woodlawn has such a homey feel to it, we just felt like home. They even have a "fish-trophy" cart that you can put your giant bass or pike on display and get a picture all for free. This is a great local business! Although it isn't the 'prima donna', who wants that any way? I think we are planning on coming back soon, but I know I will at least visit them if I'm driving through.

5 stars for the swimming pool, because you can't beat Lake Minnewaska!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank toastermm
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on this place. We made the most of our Memorial Weekend camping trip but stay away. Feel free to email me with questions but as I am the first to review I don't feel like anyone is all that interested in this place anyways. Maybe you all knew something I didn't but this place is a serious dump. I wish they would at least try to make their accommodations acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay away, cabins are horrible!