“This is a bump worth waiting for.”

Bump's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Glencoe
Cuisines: American
Minnstonka,Mn.
“This is a bump worth waiting for.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have been going to Bump"s long before it was proclaimed the Best Beef Commercial in Mn.We would like to ad at least one more item.The best turkey clubhouse in Mn.It's worth the trip.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Corinne G

Excelsior, Minnesota
“#1 in the state for their Beef Commercial!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been having breakfast and lunch at Bumps, off and on, for the last 2 years. Food and service are great. It feels like a real hometown establishment. Recently they were voted #1 by WCCO's Viewers for the best "Beef Commercial" in the entire state of Minnesota!!! Not sure what a Beef Commercial is? Check it out ... beyond yummy!!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lu P
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“They don't want you there.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I firmly believe that you should be positive in any review you write. I am positive I will never return to Bump’s Family Restaurant. From the moment I walked in the door I was made to feel most unwelcome in this establishment. It was like I was a bother to the waitresses and the hostess when I walked in the door. Sorry gals but as a customer I fund your paychecks. If you don’t appreciate that then get your butts out of the door because you have and are ruining this restaurant. All of the waitresses spent most of their time behind the counter being catty and gossiping.

Recently this restaurant was voted by WCCO TV as having the best Hot Beef Commercial Sandwich so I did order that for lunch. The sandwich was served quickly and was served with mashed potatoes and gravy as expected. I will say the food was pretty good but seemed to have no seasoning at all. It did need salt and pepper otherwise it was pretty flat in taste. For this reason I would disagree with the rating of the “BEST” for this sandwich.

While I was eating the sandwich I was given a refill of my beverage and then the check was thrown onto the opposite side of the table by the waitress. It seemed quite obvious to me that she was done at this point. I refused to budge and continued to eat my sandwich. During this process she came back and rudely asked “Is everything alright?” which I took from her attitude to mean “Why have you not left yet?” at this point I was determined to stay and bother the staff until I was good and ready to leave.

I guess my stubbornness was accepted by the waitress and she then came back and asked if I wanted another refill. Because it would mean I was staying longer I inquired about dessert. I did order dessert and the waitress took the now invalid check away. The dessert (five layer chocolate cake) was okay but much too cold from refrigeration. I somehow doubt it was made at the restaurant and it was a food service brand delivered to the restaurant. Not a memorable experience.

A word of advice to servers: It is very rude to drop off a check at a table unless the customer has finished or they ask for the check. Delivering it early says we are through and I don’t want to deal with you any longer. Most customers will accept the hint and not order additional items like dessert or coffee after a meal from this practice. In my opinion it also limits your tips as well.

Overall the food was average but the service was terrible. If you don’t want to be bothered by customers keep it up and we won’t come back and then you can look back and wonder why you are out of a job due to a lack of business.

Don’t bother going out of your way to visit this restaurant as the staff does not appreciate you being there at all. Also, forget about their wi-fi, it is weak and won't hold a stable connection.

• Visited April 2014
Le Sueur, Minnesota
“Family Restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a nice restaurant for families. They have a variety of types of food. It is a little like a version of Applebees with a small town feel.

Visited January 2014
Glencoe, Minnesota
“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I love going to Bump's for breakfast. Very yummy and great service. Lunch and dinner there is good too, but we especially love breakfast.

• Visited December 2013