LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Our stay was ok and the room was clean but it was an odd layout. I had to prepay for the room when I arrived with my credit card. Normally they wait till the end. No info was available in the room on the surrounding areas, hotel amenities, etc. There was a fridge, microwave and dishwasher but only 3 side plates in the cupboards. Not even a coffee maker, blow dryer nor an iron.

It was clean and pleasant surroundings but the lack of basic items made the extras seem out of place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 12, 2010

This hotel is wonderful for the price offered. The staff is very friendly and courteous and i would recommend this hotel to anyone expecially if wanting a nice relaxing atmosphere for an extened stay!! Plenty of restuarants in the area as well.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Many of the other great reviews for this motel leave me astounded. When I was there in March 2008, this establishment must have been hosting a gangster convention. I checked into this motel about 2PM on a sunny day. On entering the parking lot I saw what appeared to be a lady of the night and her pimp standing by the doorway. When I entered the building, I saw many gangster types walking around the lobby smoking and joking around while some were playing card games at the tables. Although slightly nervous, I went to the front desk and the individual on duty checked me in and said I should park out back and enter the room from the back door. I drove to the back of the motel and saw more unsavory types hanging around the parking lot. Some of them were throwing rocks at the windows. My car was full of travel gear and I got a load and entered the back door, but the doorway was blocked by kids throwing dice and gambling for candy. When I got to my room I found out that it was completely enclosed within the motel with no outside window. The room was dark with all the furnishings were in black. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for a refund. I received the refund and while going back to my car, I saw several people peering inside it. They quickly left as I approached the car and I drove to the Budget Host Inn in Fridley, which was another disaster. While in Fridley, I constantly heard news reports of shootings, stabbings, and other crimes. Needless to say, I decided to leave the next day and didn't bother showing up for a job interview that I traveled to Fridley for.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My stay there was a wonderful experience! The staff was great from management to housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2009

my trip at livinn was a complete nightmare the staff was really rude i asked to speak with a manager and she was even worse i will never recomend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2009

1st room: Had to pull out TV to plug it in, hot, heater/ac did not work, cigarette burn holes in bed spread, window faced inside, dark, they moved me.

2nd room: smelled really bad, missing towel holders, burn holes in bed spread, lasted 1 night with smell, when complained they said they know about it, then moved me again.

room 3: moved to very back, room smelled but not as bad as room 2, told me to call if there is a problem, phone was missing, lots of rift raft in parking lot out back. Crack head knocked on door looking for change. Woke up with Bee's in room. killed some bees and found a hole near the window and plugged it. Complained told me they were full. Cant move me. They had brand new suites, just remodeled and told me it would be $99 a night to move me there! Tired of gathering all my stuff and moving, didn't have time. TV remote didn't work in one room. There was always someone at front desk chit chatting (boyfriend). Had to break conversation each time!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I'll start by saying that we booked through Hotwire, and maybe that's why we seemed to get the worst room we have ever stayed in.

It started when we opened the door to the room and were greeted by the most disgusting stench of cigarette smoke. The room was old and outdated, and not very clean. When we went to the desk to request a room change, we were told that the room was supposed to be non-smoking, and there were no other rooms with two beds available that night. I was about ready to leave altogether. I would've just slept in the van if not for our young children. The "kitchenette" consisted of a microwave and bar fridge which did not work. The heater/air conditioning unit did not work either, as the room was stiffling hot, and would not cool down. We were able to connect to the wireless connection but the internet did not work. And then, imagine our surprise when one of our kids sent one of his cars under the bed and we went to retrieve it, we found a cigarette butt under the bed. So much for a non-smoking room. The box spring was not covered with a bed skirt and was stained and dirty with what looked like cigarette stains, and the part underneath the bed was all tattered and torn. The bathroom had a new shower curtain rod put in and the holes from the old one were patched up over top of the wall paper that was on the walls. It didn't look like they cared about the look of the room. There were stains all over the wallpaper in other areas. Altogether, it was absolutely gross, we will NEVER ever stay there again, and will try to forget that we ever did.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bonjovifreak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
University / Dinkytown
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
#21 of 50 in Minneapolis

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!