“Perfect for unruly children!”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The room itself was nice. The bed was not that comfortable, but we got plenty of nice, puffy pillows! We were kind of bummed that it didn't come with a coffemaker, but we found a nearby coffee house (Bru House) that served some pretty awesome coffee.

As for the environment, it's truly a great place for families. Not that there is too much for kids to do at the hotel, but they were free to run, play, and be kids, especially in the courtyard. As for us, who have no kids and just wanted a good night's rest (and to sleep in!), it made for a very unpleasant experience. We were woken up every night (for 4 nights in a row: Thursday to Sunday night) at around 1:30am and again anytime between 6am and 8am from our neighbors yelling toddler and slamming doors (over & over). Again, our entire goal was to sleep in since we're early risers at home. Also, we were happy we had late nights as the kids were still up playing in the courtyard yelling at screaming as late as midnight. We were shocked that a) parents allowed their children to behave this way and b) that management allowed it.

If you stay here as a single person/couple, I recommend not paying extra for the courtyard view and staying away from all the chaos.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend stayed there for about a week in Fridley location on the 6th day we found a bed bug, totally forgot to take a picture, and killed it. Took it to the front desk and showed it to the person on duty. She tried to contact the manager with no luck, I called the hotel and left a voicemail with no call back still after one week.
What kind of hotel business is this, no call backs, refunds or anything. No guest service. �

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sunnie l
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was specific in my request for a very quiet room. They placed me right next to the door (hmmm...). That room smelled like cats (I'm not saying, I'm just saying). We moved to another room, which was not as nice. I had to call the front desk at 10:20, 10:50, and 11:20pm for kids playing tag and baseball in the courtyard. They can't necessarily prevent unruly kids one time, but their unresponsiveness the first two times made this a very unpleasant visit.
The courtyard was like having a gazebo and deck with chairs..in a warehouse! I just couldn't get over what an unusual hotel it was.
The ice machine just put out water. There was no breakfast.
It wasn't the worst hotel I've visited (that goes to the Red Roof Inn in Muskegon Heights, MI) but it wasn't very good, either.

1  Thank GreatLakesTraveler13
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Clean with friendly, accommodating staff. The location is great; very close to interstate but far enough that you don't hear traffic noise at all. Enormous open areas very friendly for gathering with friends. Rooms large and comfortable with full sized refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. Air conditioning worked great. Housekeeping friendly. Shower is enormous, with great flow. Beds also large and very comfortable. HDTV worked great with lots of channels. LOVE the non-smoking throughout rule. Cons: Suites are only one room, no pool, no complimentary breakfast, no tissues in room.

Room Tip: NO POOL. Executive suites newer and larger than other rooms. Bring your own plastic/silverware and...
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Location is good, close to the interstate also there are quite a few restaurants close by some even walking distance away. Staff was friendly and courteous. Rooms were very clean. I will say not having a window to the outside was weird, but I didn't mind it. For the money I would say I got what I expected actually a little better. Book online! I don't feel the hotel entrance is a handicap accessible as it should be.I would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Executive suite has full size fridge which is nice. Also had a spa shower with automatic lighting. F...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I am not a fan of this part of Minneapolis, but when hotwire placed me here I expected the worst. I could not have been more incorrect in my assessment. First the location is perfect. One stop light off of Interstate 694. It has a large parking lot next to the front door. Entry is clean, modern and large. The front desk staff is professional, helpful and greeted me with a big smile. Later when I needed a towel, not problem. Just handed me an extra towel. The room was next to the larger common area. (was once a pool side room when they had a pool) The larger area is perfect for family gatherings. The room was a king size and was clean and comfortable. I appreciated the large digital flat screen and HD digital programming. Fridge was clean and large with a microwave. Wifi was free and worked flawlessly. Within three blocks was every fast food restaurant from Sonic to A&W plus gas stations and liquor stores. A large bank is located across the parking lot if you need an ATM. It was very quiet on a weekend. For the price, this is worth it. I loved the large showers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very interesting hotel. Don't know the history - not part of a national chain. Very friendly staff and the price was right but don't overpay. Rooms are old, undecorated, in need of a substantial update. No bottled water for sale on property, old 'no pile' carpeting in rooms, just something very different. Needs to be a value as it is only a 2 star property. Pros - Location, free Wi-Fi, refrig and microwave in the rooms, large room although empty. Cons- No coffee pot in room, no juice or water on site, no window to the outside, smells musty or smoky even though non-smoking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
Downtown
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#5 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Norwood Inn Minneapolis Brooklyn...
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!