“A nice surprise. Excellent Hotel. Excellent Customer Service.”

LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I am not a fan of this part of Minneapolis, but when hotwire placed me here I expected the worst. I could not have been more incorrect in my assessment. First the location is perfect. One stop light off of Interstate 694. It has a large parking lot next to the front door. Entry is clean, modern and large. The front desk staff is professional, helpful and greeted me with a big smile. Later when I needed a towel, not problem. Just handed me an extra towel. The room was next to the larger common area. (was once a pool side room when they had a pool) The larger area is perfect for family gatherings. The room was a king size and was clean and comfortable. I appreciated the large digital flat screen and HD digital programming. Fridge was clean and large with a microwave. Wifi was free and worked flawlessly. Within three blocks was every fast food restaurant from Sonic to A&W plus gas stations and liquor stores. A large bank is located across the parking lot if you need an ATM. It was very quiet on a weekend. For the price, this is worth it. I loved the large showers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very interesting hotel. Don't know the history - not part of a national chain. Very friendly staff and the price was right but don't overpay. Rooms are old, undecorated, in need of a substantial update. No bottled water for sale on property, old 'no pile' carpeting in rooms, just something very different. Needs to be a value as it is only a 2 star property. Pros - Location, free Wi-Fi, refrig and microwave in the rooms, large room although empty. Cons- No coffee pot in room, no juice or water on site, no window to the outside, smells musty or smoky even though non-smoking.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

If you enjoy living or working underground where you don't see the light of day for hours, then this place is for you! It is just too wired to look out the window and see hallways and part of the courtyard, The room is large and spacious and has a full size fridge,a microwave and a dishwasher and huge walk in shower. No breakfast provided, just coffee in the lobby. The evening staff was not that friendly and it is a shame as that is the first person you talk to and helps sell the place.

Room Tip: Be very specific about requesting a room with a window that actually faces the "outdoors".
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We spent two nights at the Livinn in Fridley. The location was great. It is right near the highway. From the pictures, I thought it was going to be in the middle of a forest. It isn't. It is right next to a Menards and directly behind an Applebee's. The lobby is beautiful. The hotel staff is friendly and very very helpful. The housekeeping staff does a great job of keeping everything clean. We had an executive suite. Although it is called a suite, it is an oversized room with a full refrigerator with an ice maker. It is perfect for families. There is a Target with a grocery nearby and a Walmart not too far away. There isn't a stove, but there is a microwave, coffee pot with coffee, sink, and dishwasher. The shower is huge and really nice. There is an atrium with tables. We ate breakfast there one day and the kids and I enjoyed it. There are a few video games near the atrium. The bed is heavenly. You just sink into it. It is like sleeping in a fluffy cloud. One drawback is that there isn't free breakfast or a pool. I agree with another reviewer that there is a "dustyness" or "staleness" in the atmosphere, but the hotel is very clean, so I can't put my finger on it. Also, they didn't clean the room after the first night or replace the towels, so if you would like to have that done, I would request it when you check in. We had two rooms and the phone in one of the rooms didn't work, but overall, it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a window to the outside. It faced the atrium, which was nice, but if you w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, it means a lot to us. We are a very convenient hotel to downtown Minneapolis and offer a value that you wouldn't find any where else. We have recently upgraded our exterior with landscaping and a new roof and continuing with enhancements throughout our property.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I read other's reviews and thought I would give the place another try after two years......NOPE still smells and is just adequate at best. Two years ago the place smelled like a smoking den – I guess the remolding did not include updating the air conditioners – as they were still from the 80’s and smelled very stale. The carpet in the room was very sticky and I had to wear shoes when walking around. The bathroom floor was so sticky that it left my shoe prints in it. The air conditioners barely work to cool the room – and we ended up buying an air freshener to put on top of it hoping to make the place smell better. I thought the price was too expensive. They only provide some coffee in the morning. The staff will make you wait while they finish their personal phone calls on their cell phones. You only get the bare minimum for towels and wash clothes. I even went to the front desk and rang the bell but no one ever came out. Not sure why they even had a good rating from trip advisor. I did ask for one of the remolded rooms when I checked in the but the girl at the front desk just said that she did not know what rooms had even been remolded. So next time I will stay elsewhere!!!

Room Tip: DON'T stay here unless you can get it for about $25.00 - that is what it is worth.
1  Thank Ramandlam

We are embarrassed by the service and experience that you had with us on your second visit. We are currently replacing our air conditioning units as well as replacing our furniture, updating our bathrooms, and several other enhancement projects both inside and out of our property. We respect your honest review of our property and hope that if you do decide to come back, you will have the experience that you where expecting.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The room was huge. It's neat how the layout is inside the hotel, all spread out, plenty of plant life (that may all be fake, but it looks nice,) and the location is fine. It was my first time to Minneapolis, so I'm not sure how great the location is not knowing all the places nearby. The service was friendly and quick. I guess we saved a few bucks not having breakfast? Oh well, I felt safe, and the bed was quite comfortable! Oh, and no noise from the other rooms. Nice.

Room Tip: Bring instant coffee!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we have added in-room coffee service based on the requests and reviews of our guests. We appreciate you feed back and hope that you will return to our hotel the next time that you are in need of lodging.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The brochure for the hotel shows a pool but there's not one. We have never stayed at a hotel that did not have a pool. Very disappointing -- and misleading with the brochure!! Room was great. Location was ok. Should have had a continental breakfast at least. Liked the room the best - disliked not having a pool the least. If we had know that there wasn't a pool, we would not have chosen this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for writing this review, I hope that it will help our future guests as we do not have a pool or offer breakfast at this time. I believe that you may have picked up a very old brochure from our property somewhere along the line as we have not had a pool at this location for over a decade. We will be adding a continental breakfast to our list of amenities very soon, and hope that you will come back to see the enhancements that we have made to our property during our renovation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#5 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Downtown
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!