“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
fargo nd
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hi yall. I stay here everytime I come to the Minnesota. The staff and the service is great. They answer all my questions. When its time to check in my room is always ready for me. This last time I stayed there the room was wonderful and very clean and organized. Its always so neat and clean and at night it is always so quiet. The lobby workers are great and always have the lobby nice and clean and coffee ready for you in the morning. Thanks livINN for always a pleasant stay. See yall soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great and the beds there are wonderful but the suite room are very pleasant to sta...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Cleanliness, and friendliness are the major components to a memorable experience and we thank you for taking the time to let us know that we exceeded your expectations with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never felt strongly enough about a hotel to write a review, until now. My daughter's hockey team had a tournament in Blaine, MN last weekend and the team manager booked all of us rooms at the LivInn in Fridley. Where do I start?? Rooms were dirty, some rooms smelled terribly of smoke, there were some very sketchy characters hanging around the lobby and throughout the hotel (as well as outside). Our room was never cleaned or supplied the whole time we were there (Thursday-Sunday). When I called the front desk to ask about it, she said the housekeeping staff was already gone and if I wanted towels, to come and get them at the desk. I said I had 2 full bags of trash that needed to be emptied (food waste, etc.) and she said nobody could do that and that I could take the trash outside to a dumpster myself. One of the mothers in another room had left for a while, only to return to her room to find the connector door wide open between her room and another room (that was not with our group). The last straw was on Saturday night. We went to bed around 11pm, we had an early game on Sunday morning.. Around 1:30am, I woke up to hear quite a loud gathering that seemed to be right next door to me. It was quite a loud and drunken crowd. I didn't do anything for a while, but it got so bad that I finally called the front desk and said he needed to break it up or I would call the cops. The front desk guy came up and yelled at the partiers, and they were not happy that someone had told on them. He did not kick them out, and just went back to the desk. A short time later they started up again, worse than before. They were in the hallway as well as the next door room. A lot of profanity, loud music, and a fight broke out. I called front desk again and said you better break this up because now they are fighting. He came up again, yelled at them, and went back to the desk. They kept this up until about 5:45am. Then it finally got quiet. I had to get up at 6:15am, so needless to say, I got no sleep all night!!! My daughter even sleeps with ear plugs, and she heard all of it, that's how loud it was. I asked for a refund of my Saturday night stay. The girl at the desk said she had no authority to do that, but would give the manager, Nick, my number and have him call me. I will wait for the call this week, and will call him if I have to. This was the most disgusting, dirty, and dangerous hotel I have ever been to. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: No good room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy_B963
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Terrible experience. One thing you should know before reading this, is that it takes A LOT for me to write a review--good OR bad. But this, was THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. Do not book your hotel here. I booked my appointment online for the 12th. It changed the date to the 9th. (It also decided to add some county fair tickets to my package without me knowing. I almost didn't notice it because it was cleverly the same price as the hotel room). $80 tickets that I never even clicked on!!! Anyway, I get to the hotel and they tell me that I reserved the wrong day. They had no more rooms available, so i had to find a hotel at 9 PM that ended up costing me $200, they ended up charging me for the room I NEVER stayed at. I thought maybe if I called and told someone my situation they would be understanding and give me my money back. Nope. The manager was very rude, kept telling me it was MY fault that I didn't confirm that the date was changed. (And yes, I admit, I should have double checked the date, but I would have NEVER thought that if I clicked october 12, that it would give me october 9th just because it felt like it). The manager was very rude, did not apologize for the inconvenience. He kept saying it was my fault over and over--was not the least bit comforting. What should have been a short weekend getaway costing me $80 actually ended up costing me $280+. Not worth it. The Americinn was nice and VERY friendly. Try there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rebecca a
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We do apologize that you experienced some inconveniences while making your reservation for our property. We do have redundancies with our online booking tool that require our guests to confirm the dates of their stay before completing a reservation and generating a confirmation number. Once a reservation is confirmed we send out an email confirmation prior to your stay which reiterates your stay dates and rates. As we discussed during our phone call, we do not call our guests if they do not show for their reservation and again; we apologize for this inconvenience.
Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I stay at Fridley LIVINN about 60 nights per year and we are always pleased and satisfied with the service. Clean and spacious are good descriptive words for the facility. We like the courtyard especially when hosting friends. We have known Tanya for a long time and always enjoy working with her. I would like to mention many names but only know faces. However everyone from Paul the manager to all the hard working hospitality people have been superb. We plan to continue giving our business to LIVINN Fridley because there is no reason to change. Thanks!! Gerald and Marian Kilmer

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel, we enjoy seeing you and your wife every time you're in the Twin Cities.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I come down to the cities every weekend to hang out with friends LivINN hotel is my first pick hands down.The staff on the weekend rocks they serve fresh coffee down in the lobby every day but if you book the more upscale rooms their is coffee makers in the rooms.Kudos to the Pam young lady at front desk i had to acknowledge her friendliness and cleaning of the hotel area.Now i must say wish they had free breakfast even though it's lots of restaurants around them just so hard to leave them comfy beds my weakpoint. Housekeeper's jennifer and wendy is always helpful if i need more towels or help fixing things this IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR ME ON THE WEEKENDS do remember executive suites are very nice for the money my first pick every week.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dflu
We're glad that you enjoy staying at our hotel on your weekend get-a-way's! Our staff members appreciate you mentioning their names, it means a lot to them. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed for about 6 weeks or so. Nick, Gina, Amber, Pam, Tanya and Paul were excellent in the service they provided. Also, my room was reasonable in price as well as clean and welcoming. I sat in the lobby a lot and had the opportunity to watch and listen to many different types of situations. The above individuals handled everything easily, politely and most importantly professionally!!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay for awhile, get an exec suite. Full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank y y
We are glad that you feel at home in our hotel, especially our Executive Suites, and our lobby.
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love the beds! They are to die for! Great service and would recommend this to anyone if they are out in the area! Love how clean everything was when we got there. After a long trip, this was the stay I was looking forward to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missy J
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for recommending our hotel to future travelers! We are happy to hear that your entire experience with us was a positive one and look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
WoodSpring Suites Minneapolis Fridley
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!