“Far From Me, But Worth the Drive”

King's Korean Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Fridley
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Far From Me, But Worth the Drive”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

King's is a bit far for me but I've been there a couple of times. I have enjoyed myself the couple of times I've been there. The food is really good. There is a whole section of banchan (side dishes like kimchi). The buffet is small in comparison to other buffets, but the buffet is only for lunch so it's understandable. The price is also good. I love Korean food and find most places charge quite a bit. With King's you're paying the same as you would at a regular restaurant for 1 dish but get a buffet. The service is a bit slow, but the staff is friendly. I would recommend King's.

1 Thank HonestBloomington

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One time”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went here once with a friend the food was great, awesome presentation, and taste. However I ordered the teriyaki chicken it was literally a piece of chicken breast with teriyaki sauce on it. For something like $15 and I ordered water. I was very upset with that aspect of my visit otherwise great flavors!

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome buffet and entrees!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've been coming here for 2-3 years, but always on Sundays for their buffet. Their buffet is very, very good. Highly recc'd it for anyone who's unsure if they like Korean food. You also get sushi, which surprisingly is good.

My husband and I decided to go tonight, a weeknight. Unsure what to order since we've only had their buffet. We went ahead and ordered the seafood pancake and bulguri. DELICIOUS. It hit the spot. I'm sure we'll come more often now.

The service is excellent. The waitresses are always nice, friendly, and on top of everything.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank N N
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Authentic Korean and Great Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our first visit with 4 adults, and fortunately my friend is Korean and could lead us through the menu. We were seated quickly, waited un attentively, waters filled as needed, and well taken care of. As my friend explained, Koreans eat "family style" and double dipping is common. We ordered 1 appetizer, 3 entrees, 1 soda, 1 glass of wine, and the total was $69 for 4 adults. We had plenty of food and my wife and I really enjoyed it. Our friend gave us very "safe" options and fairly traditional dishes.
The appetizer, Goon Mandu, (Korean style panfried dumpling), was an excellent way to star the meal. They were similar to "pot stickers", but panfried.
The stir fried "Japchae" (fried sweet potato noodles with beef and vegetables) was very tasty. The noodles are flavorful and are the real treat of this dish.
We also had the "Bulgogi" (roasted beef with traditional Korean sauce) and this was my favorite meat dish! The beef was tender, but had a little crisp to the edges.
Lastly, but certainly not least... "Dolsot Bimbimbap" (Rice, vegetables and beef served in a stone bowl). Yes, it was a stone bowl and it was still warm at the end of our meal after all the food was gone. This was another contrasting entree from the other two. Tasty, well done, and good presentation.
My wife's absolute favorite of the night was the Japchae. As my friend suggested that Koreans often mix their food, I was mixing my Bimbimbap and Bulgogi, and apply the chili sauce/paste to mix in and add even more flavor. This was our first time and we look forward to coming another time to try the buffet. I will not hesitate to recommend this to other friends.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best Lunch Buffet in the area”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Absolutely my favorite lunch buffet this side of town. Though it may not have the largest selection, what there is tastes great. I and my work buddies like it so much that we have put a limit on the number of times we can go per month. We were all gaining weight previously. We have always had friendly service too.

• Visited July 2013