“Very good food not great ambiance”

Taste of Thailand II
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Fridley
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many times and have always enjoyed the food. I tend to order out though because the restaurant is old and seems run down and dirty.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are several vegetarian options. My husband and I liked the fried tofu with sauce. My teenage boys also enjoyed the fried tofu. The tofu soup was okay. The vegetarian stir fry was very good.

There are several plants placed along the windowsill. The plants create a serene atmosphere. I like the cacti plants and some had colorful flowers. The waitress didn't seem upset when my son knocked over their pink flowering plant.

We'll have to go back some time to try another entree.

1  Thank Mplswoman
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We dine here every other month or so and would more often if it was just a little closer to home. I think the building must originally have been some fast food joint, so it's not much to look at and easy to miss, but we've never been disappointed in the food or service. We love the spring rolls and a coconut-curry duck dish (not mock duck) .

2  Thank Patrovski
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I rediscovered this restaurant when I moved back to Blaine and I'm glad that I did! The quality and flavor of the food is fantastic! While I mostly get take out, they do have a nice lunch buffet with great choices as well. The restaurant itself isn't anything to write home about (dated decor etc), but the food is fantastic and the service is friendly and fast. The egg rolls, Pad Thai, and Thai fried rice (among other things) are really delicious! Give it a try!

2  Thank Grandgirl
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have only been to this place once. I ordered take out Pad Thai & I was very happy with my new find.
I ordered the spring rolls too and the sauce that they serve with it was so wonderful. I asked for another & they gave me one without charging me or making a fuss about it.
I can't wait to go there again when I'm in the area.

Been to Taste of Thailand II? Share your experiences!