“Fridley OCB very poor compared to Roseville OCB”
Review of Old Country Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Country Buffet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've been to the Fridley MN OCB several hundred times since moving into the neighborhood in 1983, and my folks have gone there regularly for longer than that, but now we drive all the way to Roseville's OCB for better food. Today we decided not to drive so far and had a great meal at Perkins.

Over the past few months, since the new method of single servings was started, the food has steadily gone downhill. The salad bar is still OK, but the other food looks like it's been sitting there since yesterday, is cold, and many of our favorites are no longer offered. I always eat everything I take, but now I'm leaving a pile of uneaten stuff that simply didn't taste right. I used to like their rolls, but even such a simple item was prepared wrong and had an odd taste. Chicken isn't completely cooked, what used to be orange chicken(?) now was cooked into hard little bits, dessert offerings are very small and my favorite chocolate cake in the big pan is no longer offered. etc., etc. I blame all this on the manager who should make sure that the cooks are doing a good job and that the food offered is still in eatable condition. If the restaurant is still open in a couple months we'll probably go there to see if they've improved.

Roseville OCB has MUCH better food than Fridley OCB. Roseville has the same new small servings system but everything there is hot and fresh looking. I'm hoping upper management will fix the problem at Fridley since there are lots of people in the area that would return if food quality was improved to how it was a year ago.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a wonderful experience. Food was good, staff was wonderful. As usual, I ate wayyyyy toooooo much. As for Alice, may she never have to be in a nursing home.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Food seems cheap and pre-prepared mostly.I have never realoly liked OCB, but from time to time I try it again to see if it's any better.... Never is. But alot of people DO like it. I am just picky.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Went here on a Sunday after church and had a very good breakfast buffet. Price was reasonable and the service was good. They take down the breakfast items at 11:30 and start putting out the lunch items. We got there too close to 11:30 so had to rush our breakfast. Very good made to order omlet bar.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I went with my family including 2 young children, husband and my husband's parents. The OCB staff were very friendly and explained the food options. On Sunday's they start the supper meat carving as part of the lunch option which was very nice. I liked the carved ham. Everyone had what they wanted and there was a nice selection of salads. The restaurant was full and the food stayed fresh and filled up. They even have a taco bar.