“Classic diner”

Description: charliescafe.com/ Best breakfast ever
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Classic diner”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stopped at Charlie's for breakfast for hubby and lunch for me. The pancakes (and bacon) were excellent per the hubster - plate size to boot. I had a great tasting hamburger. Fries were just so-so, but they were hot. Service was quick and friendly. Will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013

Freeport, Minnesota
“Great Service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Affordable food and awesome service. The Tuesday Night Special can't be beat. Also, almost any lunchtime you can grab a Hot Beef Commercial... fast and good!

Visited May 2013
“Breakfast nirvana... thy name is Charlie's”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The finest plate of biscuits 'n gravy I've ever had at a diner. Dense yet fluffy with an over abundance of chunky rich gravy.

The caramel roll was so wonderfully yummy as well. It was the best decision I made in the last month deciding to pull off I-94 and try this diner out. We live about 90 minutes from Freeport, Mn and will gladly and with great intention make the drive again... and again... and again.

Cannot wait to go out on a Friday night for the German specialties.

Fargo, North Dakota
“Service was the best!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on the way to St Cloud for a fun weekend. We arrived in the middle of the afternoon, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The food was great, small town diner-style. The staff was fantastic and treated us very well, took care of everything we needed. I would choose this place over any chain family restaurant any time. It's simple and is a nice gem in a small town.

• Visited January 2013
Belgrade.mn
“The Best”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The best small town cafe in North America. I'm not kidding. A wide and varied menu from Germany to China to Mexico. The service is with an honest smile . Quick and efficient. Small town prices a plus. 70 miles or so Northwest of Minneapolis on I94, it is possibly worth the trip alone to sample their idea of what a restuarant is all about. I have dined there on several occasions for lunch. One of these Weds I will try their German dinner specials.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Charlie's Cafe? Share your experiences!