“A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE”
Review of Norman Quacks

Norman Quacks
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had a group of four adults on Saturday evening, about 5:30pm ,who ordered a 'buffalo sandwich' and the 'garlic trout' (fish special). The sandwich was very good, the chicken moist, and the portion was large - not too spicey. The 'garlic trout' was also prepared properly - not overcooked. The portion size was somewhat small for a large eater. The garlic/smashed potatoes that came with the trout were just OK. Last. We all indulged in the "Tower Choc. Cake" that was also average - but enough for four spoons and plates. Service was excellent. Beer selections are above average - wine is not Quack's forte. The restaurant is somewhat noisy - I would rate it low as a romantic venue. I would not rate it as a gourmet experience either. However, as a restaurant similar to TGIF or Appleby's, it achieves its purpose - good comfort food. HAPPY HOUR 4-6. Sunday nite is $11 prime rib special.

• Visited January 2014

Forest Lake
“Great Pork Chops”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I think the best item on their menu is the pork chops. They are huge and prepared with care. The beer selection is great featuring a fairly large variety of beers from smaller breweries.

Visited December 2013
Center City, Minnesota
“Great place to stop for a bite and a beer in FL”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I always enjoy getting sent to town to run errands because it gives me a chance to stop by Quack's and see what they've got on top and grab an appetizer or a sandwich.

They are constantly changing their beer selection and have great specials going on all of the time.

Visited November 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good Burgers”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited here on a Saturday night and enjoyed dinner in the bar. We all had a beer or wine and enjoyed our burgers - prepared as we like them. I enjoyed the relaxed feel of the bar and comfortable atmosphere. About what I'd expect to pay for a 1/2 pound (BIG!) burger and Yes I did eat the whole thing!

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“We love this place!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food is a little pricey, but it's great! Staff is always prompt and we have never had a problem! My wife and I have been there with our kids and by ourselves and it's always great!

Visited September 2013