“Expensive pizza” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Minnesota
“Expensive pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

It has a weird feel in it. Reminds me of a Chipotle with dim lights and candles. The food was OK, but for the price it should have been better. We have only gone once and will go to Carbones instead when we want pizza.

Visited May 2011

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Service is a bit slow but staff is friendly. The portions are huge and the food is yummy. The calzones take a bit to cook but they are worth the wait.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank taydiggy
Forest Lake, Minnesota
“Skip it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was given a gift card to Za's by a friend who had the gift card for some time. Before going to eat there, I checked at the front counter to make sure the card still was good. The lady that helped me said the card still had money on it. Brought the fam for dinner that night. Tab was about $45.00 or so. When I presented the card for payment, the waitress came back and said the card was no good. I asked for the manager,a nd she said, "Sorry the card is expired and we cannot take it even if there is money left on it. And the girl that helped you earlier inthe day was new,a nd didn't know the card was expired. You'll have to give us another form of payment!" Terrible service. Will (probably) never go back!

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank K P
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Not sure what has happened here but the food wasn't very good the last time I eat here. I recall the old location; the pizza was always great there. Not now. Service is spotty. Location is very good; atmosphere good as well. In spite of my ratings I would recommend it but wouldn't rave about it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Outstanding food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

We go to Za regularly and it remains one of our favorite restaurants.
The food is always wonderful. We have our favorites, but we've never been disappointed in anything on the menu.
Try some of their signature pizzas. They take longer to make and are well worth the wait!
The staff is always polite and accomodating.

• Visited June 2011