“The baby backs had tiny bits of edible meat, but the regular ribs were awesome!!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice atmosphere, always able to chat with dinner guest. Haven't run out of napkins-ever! Staff is always friendly. Though I do believe someone played around with the sauces- Sweet n sassy was a bit warmer than usual!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have enjoyed Famous Dave's for years. The most recent visit was not out of the ordinary. We (the two of us) shared our meal.
Starter- The nachos for two (one of my favorites)
Main- Georgia pulled pork platter (open face on Texas toast) side of drunken apples
Dessert- Two mini deserts; Banana pudding complete with Nilla wafers, and bread pudding

The meal ran us just about $20 flat. We were in and out in about 30 minutes, and were stuffed to the gills.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Husband and I were on vacation and staying at a hotel next to Famous Daves. One reason we had selected the hotel was because of the restaurant being so close and the fact that we had eaten at other Famous Daves locations. We had a long day traveling and were there at 7:30 PM. We had called ahead and were told they served until 9 PM. My Husband is a huge rib lover. We ordered at the counter (not a fan... other locations they came to the table to take the order). He was told they were out of ribs. COME ON! He ordered the quarter chicken and sausage with 2 sides instead. I ordered the pulled chicken sandwich with one side. His portion was incredibly small.The chicken was very small, dried out and the sausage was also very small. The sides didn't even fill the little containers and the beans were blah. My sandwich was very dry but I did put sauce from the table on it. The bun was dry. It was the worst location we ever ate at and very disappointing. The worst was that there were no ribs. They also said they had a group of 50 coming in soon. When they did arrive, there weren't anywhere near to 50 people and they had a buffet. We imagine they got the leftover ribs as we saw people eating them. Very poor planning on their part.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ordered the baby back ribs for $23.99 and there was barely any meat on the bones! Seriously, there was a total of about 2 Tablespoons of meat in the full rack that I ordered. VERY disappointing! The flavor was good, but the meat - what little there was of it - was tough. Having said that, it had a fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Just very expensive and unsatisfying, overall. Would not go back, at least for the ribs.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is the last place on the list to go when we want to go out.
Poor is at this location in comparison to other Daves.