“The Value around!”

Mr. Large Burrito
Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The burgers are homemade and are huge. No where else can you get a huge tasty burger for that low of a price. The burrito was so big it took me 3 meals just to eat the burrito chipotle should be taking notes off Mr. Large

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The burrito was very big. I liked that you could add in whatever you wanted for ingredients, and they had a lot to choose from. I thought it was going to be awesome, I put a lot of salsas and pico de gallo on it. It was very tasteless though. I will just go to real Mexican restaurants when I am craving burritos from now on. It was a real disappointment, but it only cost $6.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Thursday, December 20th 2012
Mr. Large $5 Burger and Mr. Large $6 Burrito is in the former DJ’s Grill location. I wish I could say that it was as good, but alas, I can’t.

We were in Forest lake about 4 pm and decided to try Mr. Large $6 Burrito and $5 Burger. They have been open about a month.

When we entered the restaurant (located in the Security State Bank of Marine building), we discovered that the Burrito part is a build your own burrito ala Chipotle Mexican Grill and it does indeed cost $6. A basic plain hamburger is $5.

You order either one at the counter. There are limited condiments for the hamburger at a condiment side counter with ketchup, mustard and hot sauce salt and pepper, and that is about it. No pickles for the plain burger. Extra toppings are extra $$.

Both Pepsi and Coke products are sold with two different soda dispensers. Dr. Pepper my particular favourite is sold in the Pepsi dispenser.
I had a burrito and my wife had a plain hamburger.

My burrito was mediocre but edible and my wife's hamburger was very dry. She would have liked mayo for the dry bun.

The burrito counter was supplied with an ample number of ingredients. The burrito is cheap mainly because they use cheap ingredients. Even with the hot salsa (which was medium heat, at best), it lacked flavor.

The same can be said for the hamburger.
We were not impressed with the food or the staff.

The staff didn’t appear to be happy and the food sure didn’t make us happy which left us all unhappy.
The cost was $15.38 including a $1 for one bottle of water and $1.50 for a soda and tax.
We usually try a restaurant twice but don’t think it is worth trying a second time to see if it has improved.

This restaurant is located across from Forest Lake High School and I have been told that the students from there frequent it. Just a comment if you have child allergies.

5  Thank pigseyepeg