“OK bar food. Not great.”

Vannelli's By The Lake
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our waitress was very nice but slow. Not really her fault she was the only one working on the outside patio. I didn't care for the turkey club at all. I don't mind that the bun is toasted but didn't realize that the turkey, ham would be hot with melted cheese. If you want to serve it hot don't call it a club sandwich.

It's fun place to sit outside with friends to have drinks but next time we'll focus on finger food like wings and go have dinner elsewhere. There's better places for that in FL.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our server was okay, the food was okay, and the music was great.
I thought the atmosphere was kind of dark and crowded.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I make better lazagna than that. I wanted to like it, tried several times, I tried the salmon, the chicken, which they took off the menu, but they need a new cook.

1  Thank katefromthelake
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We gave Vanelli's two tries. Once for dinner, once for brunch. Both times we had to YELL for someone to come seat us. No one was available. The waitstaff was nonexistent. Our water glasses were dirty (lipstick, food particles, not just hard water), so I requested two more. Only one of them was clean enough to drink out of. So 1/4 for clean glasses isn't that bad I guess. Then our food. Flavorless except for the pasta salad. I love italian dressing on noodles, so I was partial to liking it. But, it wasn't special. The meat was over done, nothing looked or tasted homemade, we will never go back. This place is way overpriced for really bad food.

1  Thank Miranda F
Reviewed January 5, 2013

At restaurant for a retirement party. Large group of people. The server was great! She got everyone's order right. Food was o.k. Will go here again.