“Consistent good eats”

Keys Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stacy
“Consistent good eats”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have a couple of favorites, including the smoked salmon omelet and the Rachel (prepared to our preference). Every once in a while, one of us will get a hunger for the smoked salmon omelet, and it takes no convincing for the other to say "Well, le's go."

Visited April 2014

twin cities
“enough breakfast to last you through lunch”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great traditional breakfast fare. Dinner plate size pancakes and generous portions of most everything. Fast service and friendly staff. Coffee bar too!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank wife-o-matic
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Don't order Breakfast on a Friday night....”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stopped in specifically for breakfast during dinner hour. The food had potential but was poorly executed. The hash browns were LEAKING oil all over the plate. Seriously I like "greasy spoon" food but this was out of control. My eggs (ordered hard) were swimming in the hash brown oil. At first I thought the eggs were the oil culprits but soon realized it was the hash browns. Served with two pieces to thick cut toast, sadly the toast was COLD. And by cold I mean the butter spead between the two pieces was not melted. At all! Yuck. The bacon (4 pieces!) was also cold and swimming in it's own oily concoction. I never thought bacon could be too greasy....I was wrong! We did try the cinnamon French toast and that was tasty as well as the pancakes. As for the service, not so great. When we arrived, there were only 2 other tables. We ordered and then table after table received their food. Noticeably the other tables ordered the Fish and Chips dinner special. The waitress didn't even ask "How was everything?" I don't complain but had I been asked I would have pointed out the inedible hashbrown oil.I think if you order breakfast during the AM and order the specials you'll be OK. Had we not ordered breakfast for dinner I would give this only two stars. Won't be back to this location.

• Visited January 2014
“Best Pancakes Ever!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love the pancakes here! they are as big as a dinner plate and a little sweet and buttery and a tinny bit crunchy and soft and yummy on the inside! My husband and I split 2 normally. I also love that they have sausage patty's, these are so good and made fresh! Also the jam that comes with toast is so delicious! Also they carry diet mountain dew which is a must for my husband :) Service is usually pretty good. Great place for breakfast! Haven't been too impressed with lunch and dinner food here. I find it over priced and kinda blah.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank i3gem
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good Food Large Portions”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Enjoyed the food, bakery and portions were large. My husband and I had "take home" boxes when we ate dinner there. Bakery was good too.

Visited December 2013