“Best Pancakes Ever!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Keys Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Forest Lake
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Pancakes Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love the pancakes here! they are as big as a dinner plate and a little sweet and buttery and a tinny bit crunchy and soft and yummy on the inside! My husband and I split 2 normally. I also love that they have sausage patty's, these are so good and made fresh! Also the jam that comes with toast is so delicious! Also they carry diet mountain dew which is a must for my husband :) Service is usually pretty good. Great place for breakfast! Haven't been too impressed with lunch and dinner food here. I find it over priced and kinda blah.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank i3gem

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good Food Large Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Enjoyed the food, bakery and portions were large. My husband and I had "take home" boxes when we ate dinner there. Bakery was good too.

Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Surprised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not the Keys I know (downtown Mpls vs this one). I had a veggie omelet where the egg was so thin and there was so much stuffing (cauliflower in eggs - really??, broccoli yes, but cauliflower?) that I really didn't like it. My husbands was good, service was great.

Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bland, over priced food and terrible service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

What a joke. I have never understood the fascination with Keys. Their dishes are comparible to Perkins, except more expensive and with less flavor. I had a turkey sandwich that was so dry I couldn't finish it. Our waitress was no where to be found and we finally flagged down another server to get our bill.

Skip this place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank putterb
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Though we've only stopped at the Forest Lake Keys for breakfast in the past, last week we got a very late start heading north and decided to combine lunch and dinner at Keys. We both ordered their famous turkey dinner. OMG. Thanksgiving in August! We should have just ordered one and shared it- it is that big. And DELICIOUS! Turkey, enough mashed potatoes to sink a ship, dressing, gravy, vegetable, roll, and cranberries. No need for dinner, even a snack, and we still had enough leftovers for the next night. Service was excellent, too. What more can you ask? Oh, it was at a good price, too! If I ever have to serve Thankgsgiving dinner again, I'm ordering through Keys!

• Visited August 2013