“Having a safe New Year”
other travelers have booked this property
Plenty of Parking Lots of Pillows and Linens provided
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Plenty of Parking
Lots of Pillows and Linens provided
Upstairs Landing
Gold Room Sleeps 4-5 (4 twin and 1 full bed)
Blue Room Sleeps 3 (3 twin beds)
Green Room Sleeps 2 (2 twin beds)
Main floor bath with shower
Spacious Kitchen
Spacious Kitchen
Fully furnished kitchen with state of the art appliances
Bring your favorite K-cups we have a Keurig Coffee Maker
Host your next Holiday Party or Family Function
Scrapbook/Quilting Set-up
Living Room Furniture Set-Up
Main Floor - Create Your Own Set-Up
Backyard with naturalized tulips blooming in the spring
Quiet Contemplation
Back Deck
Back deck with patio furniture and grill
Christmas time at Rendezvous - Priceless!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Karla T
“Having a safe New Year”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Words can not describe this house and what we experienced when we pulled up and got inside....but here goes, everything!

We pulled up to the house and the pictures online showed exactly a great view of the house, so no getting lost, when we pulled up very beautiful and well-mannered big driveway and even has lined parking spaces.

We walked up, got our key and as soon as we opened the door we were completely and absolutely floored, mezmorized, jaws hitting the floor on the beauty of what our eyes were looking at. The pictures that are online are wonderfully taken but if you want to know the true beauty of this home you must come and stay for what you walk into, ladies you'll be wanting your sweetie to carry you across the threshold it's so beautiful and romantic for you are home when you walk in here.

You walk in and you're greeted with the living room and depending on your setup, we had furniture, beautifully set in front of a beautiful picture window. Off to the side and back to the right you have a dining room that seats I'm sure 10 people or more people give or take which we didn't use because, like any home the kitchen is where the heart is, it's where at. So let's walk to the kitchen. Beautiful slate floors, everything is beautifully decorated, the whitewash cabinets, everything fully stocked, nothing missing or out of place. The fridge even had water in it for us to get started. Coffee/tea everything that you would never expect to have. So before shop for food check the house out first and then go grocery shopping because Jenny did an absolutely wonderful job of thinking, if I were to stay here what would I want for just some simple Essentials and she absolutely delivered.

Let's go upstairs, beautiful wooden staircase off the front foyer you walk upstairs, don't forget to take your shoes off before you hit the carpet, at the top of the stairs you're greeted with a little wooden table a little sign to take your shoes off and delicious Lindt Chocolates and who doesn't love a Lindt truffle chocolate? Beautiful soft carpet that even if you don't make it to the bed you could definitely sleep on this and be comfortable. There are three bedrooms The Garden room which is this absolutely beautiful blue, next room, which my honey and I stayed in is The Pine Room which had this warm comforting golden glow with hint of tan, but could be wrong because was so overwhelmed with everything haha...the third room is The Floral room which was also warm light in color with great sun coming through, this room is the larger of the three and has tv. But, a cute feature there is a door that sits between the pine and floral room and don't worry there are not flowers plastered all over the walls, there are no pine trees and fields of gardens anywhere in these rooms, I believe they are just fun names that Jenny gave the rooms but everything is so beautifully decorated. So of course just like any new house or any new car you check out what's behind every door. There are signs on the doors to let you know what is what in case you need extra of something. There are clean Linens, there is a closet for utilities and dirty Linens, so if you need extra bedding an ironing board with iron a baby crib anything that you need is in this house. The bathroom spacious enough for 3 people to move around but of course ladies, maybe only two in the mirror at a time until someone gets elbowed, then only one haha. Don't forget to check behind the bathroom door as there are towels and ladies something clever, I think we need to do this at home so we don't mess up the white towels in our homes, she even has makeup towels that have it monogrammed that say, makeup on them just for us to take off your make-up or use or brushes on and I think that is such a genius idea, something that we quickly overlook when taking off our 10 pounds of makeup at the end of the night or just getting ready, but what I thought was so cute is on every bed, every bed there is a set of towels so nobody is having to wonder if there is enough. There is a body towel, a hand towel and a face towel. Again you don't get that at a hotel and sometimes you don't even get enough towels in a hotel but Jenny made sure every person had a set of towels and extra towels in the linen closet if you need it.

As we went down to the kitchen to keep looking around and looking out the back door to the deck and just sitting in complete awe of this home thinking we need to find a home like this, as we are looking for ourselves and I know that it's not for sale but I even joked with my sweetie, I want this home make her an offer haha, but then I guess we wouldn't have somewhere to come visit or have a weekend retreat with her friends. As we started unloading things from the truck and putting things on the table in the kitchen, my sweetie walks over to a door in the dining room wondering where does this lead to. He said to me, babe come check this out, I walk over to him and I'm greeted with a cabinet and pick my head around the door and it's another bathroom not with just a toilet and a sink but guys, another shower so as you have people showering or taking a bath upstairs this one has just a shower in it for someone else so you don't have to wait for the bathroom upstairs. There are towels and everything in the cabinets and let me also point out a fun fact for all of you. Did you forget your shampoo, conditioner, body soap, lotion, pretty much like we did except for the lotion, well you don't get those teeny tiny bottle samples of shampoo and conditioner and watery bottle of lotion, Jenny also provides you with shampoo and conditioner, lotion body wash already set in the shower for you and they're big bottles, again hotels don't even do that for you. And we have to say the color scheme in this bathroom was definitely a fan favorite for the guest that the stayed with us, as well husbands and wives that came by to visit, everyone was talking on the lines of what kind of remodel job they could do to their homes and this home definitely gave a lot of inspiration to what people want to do to their homes.

As you walk through any place you stay in you look everywhere and thankfully this is really nice, well don't ever forget to look up. In this home the ceiling in the kitchen the decorations of the poinsettia Vine going around the kitchen there's even decorative flower Vines on the three-season porch, you can go out there, you're just going to be a little cold, but go for it, Plus plus if it's a little warm in the house and what I'm thinking when I find my house, I want to do this as well, she had nicely sized fans installed in the corners on the wall up high in the dining room and living room right before you go up the stairs to out face the room, believe me it kicks out a very nice breeze. And last but not least the overhead projector now I'm not much of a techy person though I love my new technology with phones and computers and such but because I've never worked with a projector inside Hi-Tech to me piece of equipment, the fact that you could run everything you want and need from the touch of a button on the wall in the dining room for the projector you can watch TV watch DVDs play, music, set your computer up anything with this system, surround sound speakers in the dining room and living room, though I will say because my boyfriend and I are not tech-savvy we got the projector on but could not get the TV on then other people came and they couldn't get the TV on either until our bass player walks in touches one button and gets the TV on, but then once he left, we were stuck again with how do we get the TV on haha, so we made do with what we had. In the meantime the only suggestion I would say, is to maybe incorporate Bluetooth so people can connect their phone with music to the system and be able to listen to it that way. Jenny has it set up to be able to play music outside as well so that would be really cool to be able to have Bluetooth connectivity, verses having to plug in somewhere, but overall we have no complaints at all and we are still up early and completely just in awe of this house, which did not feel like a house it felt like home and we didn't want to leave.

We were so excited with this house, our guests that stayed or just came by to visit for some food before we ventured out for the evening, we're still very pleased with this home inside and out. Coming from the cities Forest Lake is not a very big or small town but just perfect in every way. We are already plotting and planning for a summer rendevouz here for barbecues and just hanging out. As you pass through town to get to the house there is a meat market which we will definitely be visiting to get all of our BBQ Meats.

So if you want a fun weekend, a great night's rest, even the couches will have you passed out on them, they are so comfortable for whatever event you may have here, I so highly recommend you rent this home. I would love to give it 10 stars, but I can only give it 5. Thank you Jenny, thank you trip advisor this was definitely a great way to spend our New Year's Eve celebration with friends and family and for safety we had a great DD service drive us home from the bar, so if you need one please ask she's cheaper than a taxi service.

I slacked on my picture taking but next time.

Thank you Jenny have a wonderful New Year.

Karla

RuggedHQ
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed September 18, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This property was perfect for our company outing! The property manager was very easy to get in contact with prior to booking, made sure everything was going well during the stay and even notified us when an item was left behind. It was a great experience for all!

Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Lois B
Mosman Park, Australia
“Lovely venue to stay with our family”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

This charming vintage house was very comfortable and fully decked out for the holidays. Lots of dining space and a well-equipped kitchen made it easy for us to share time with extended family. The location was great...lots of convenient shopping in the Forest Lake area and easy access to I-35. We stayed for several days, left for a trip north to visit other family, and were happy to return for several more days with Rondezvous.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Jan 4, 2014
Thank you for your kinds words. We were delighted to have your family they were a great bunch and the house was left spotless. We look forward to your visit next time you are in the States.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing