All reviews beds were comfortable quiet stay twin cities area place to stay coffee maker pool and hot tub motel mart gal
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Stay away from this place if you can, Unless it's an emergency stay. Rooms need a major over haul. Sink looked like it was 30 years old. Room stunk and there was mold and peeling paint in the bathroom. Dark dust blobs all over the ceiling. It was scary!!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018

120 is way too much for the crappy old hotel. obviously forest lake needs some more hotels to compete with these guys. will go elsewhere next time as you can drive not much further and find cheaper and better

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Clean motel with friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious. Nice sitting areas to eat or write. Check in process took longer then I expected. Check out went quickly. Our room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Room is nicely laid out with a beautiful view.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

This is a terrible hotel for the price. Upon arrival the front desk lady was busy on her personal phone again (as in the other reviews) and after she rolled her eyes in disgust that she had another customer interrupting her call, we were told that the pool and spa were out of order because someone "drove their car through the hotel" and no refund could be given even though we were not notified of this prior to check in time and as I see on here another review shows it's been out since may 10th so plenty of time to notify people! I even asked if we could just pay the extra difference to transfer to a different location with same hotel name and was denied. The rooms were disgusting and we had nothing else that we could have done there with 3 teenage boys that were cooped up in a gross smelly room because the pool was closed and I was never given the opportunity to be able to stay somewhere else. I feel as though I should have been told within the time frame that I had to cancel this reservation to be given the opportunity to decide if I wanted to stay somewhere else or not. They claim that the rooms are all being renovated or already done yet the blankets all had holes in them, paint peeling everywhere, dust caked on the walls, holes in the bathroom door, I was scared to walk on the carpet without shoes on as it turned out socks black! I could breathe in the room because of the horrible smell throughout the hotel. I have photos of all of this as well. And of course we couldn't even distract ourselves in a spa which was falsely advertised and was much needed after a day of our sons sporting activities which is the reason we were staying in that town for the weekend. I just feel that I should have been able to make a more informed decision after arriving at the hotel and finding out that there was no pool and spa as advertised and the room that we had to stay cooped up in was gross! I've stayed at americinn hotels before and am usually pleased but not this one! And no compensation or customer service to try to make this right. I don't think I'll be staying with americinn ever again now.

Room tip: Smoking rooms too close to non smoking rooms
Reviewed May 19, 2018

location does matter. Good place to stay tho I wish I would have known the pool and hot tub were being worked on. That would be the biggest issue and tho minior still something that would have been nice to know.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple