Maple Grove Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Finland
See available hotels
View Hotel
IMA Mariner Motel(Silver Bay)
View Hotel
Cove Point Lodge(Beaver Bay)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night here. The motel sits a few hundred feet off MN 1, so it's quiet and private. Make no mistake - it's not fancy, it's kinda rustic, but it has character aplenty. As the name implies, it's a motel and a bait shop, but also a game check-in station. Not your norm as motels go, but it was functional, sufficient, and entertaining to us. Our room was simple with two double beds, a bath, heat, and a TV. It was clean and warm, which was all we required. The owner is an interesting guy, and a font of information. He warned us of the road conditions we could expect going on up MN 1 toward Ely the next morning. He regaled us with stories from his younger days logging, fishing, and hunting in the Northwoods around there. It was to be a cold night, so he kindly lent me a plug-in cord so I could plug in my truck for the night. Being a southerner, I did not know the protocol and had not brought my own plug-in cord. I appreciated his kind offer, because that morning in another cold MN location, my truck had made some theretofore unheard shrieking sounds when I started it up. Back to the point, there's free coffee in the bait shop/office, but for food, there's a restaurant across MN 1 from the motel, and another (at least) in town about a mile or so up MN 1. I heartily recommend the Maple Grove Motel and Bait Shop for those in the area who do not require a Hilton-like experience. I'll stay there again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Room # 2 suited us.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple