“poor service and quality”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fergus Falls, MN
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very, very rarely do I have differences of opinion with management on matters, as I run my own business and understand their role. However, there were differences in this case, and the manager handled them very poorly. In addition, the room furnishings were worn and threadbare - of much lower quality than the hotel's price would suggest. I have 30 years of business travel, and this is one of the very few hotels to which I would not return.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel itself is clean and well kept, but the staff is sorely lacking in customer service training. From the desk not being staffed, to our children being told to leave the pool and intentionally not given towels, to no one willing to be accountable and resolve problems, it was so below expectations there isn't a rating for it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 856brianm856
BWFFmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fergus Falls, MN, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Brian, Thank you for the compliments regarding cleanliness of our facility. More importantly please accept my apologies for the apparent lack of customer service. We hosted 5 baseball teams this particular weekend. Several were respectful and well mannered. Unfortunately we did experience some issues with late night running in the hallways and as you well know, the kids in the pool were unattended. When we closed the pool ten minutes early that evening due to several customer complaints of reckless behavior and inappropriate conduct, we were required to fish over a dozen towels out of the pool and whirlpool. It is truly unfortunate that many guests who were here experienced these noise issues. Although we had extra staff on hand that evening they were often times addressing customer concerns away from the lobby, including an adult Frisbee game in the hallway. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff at this place is very friendly from the moment you walk in until you leave. Room very clean and bed very comfortable. They have a program called "Guest of the Day" which is neat. If you get it you get a room up-grade, basket of treats in your room, special parking space and a free drink at the bar! I will definitely stay there again if I am in the Fergus Falls area. Hopefull I can be the "Guest of the Day!"

Room Tip: I have only stayed here once so no tip...my room was quiet, clean and comfortable so I hope all of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a lovely hotel and convention center in Fergus Falls. The reception was very nice and accommodating last minute room changes. We reserved two rooms, one convenient to pool and the other with outside view as I do not care for chlorine smell from pool. The pool area is quite nice. We were upgraded to a mini suite which was very large and comfortable with separate living room area with flat screen. The bedroom area was quite large with King bed and flat screen. The third area contained a desk and refrigerator and dressing area. The fourth area was the large bathroom. Very spacious accomodations and perfect for our three day stay. Only negative was the noisy air conditioner in both rooms. The restaurant had a very nice menu but since we were visiting relatives in area, did not visit. The complimentary continental breakfast was adequate and the fresh berries and yougurt were a nice touch to the usual B/W fare.

Room Tip: Get pool side rooms only if the chlorine smell does not bother you. I prefer outside rooms. Pool roo...
Reviewed July 16, 2013

On our way from Montana to Minesota, this was just a convenient stop. The hotel that we preferred was completely booked, so this was the 2nd option.
The convention center is well indicated, but it was difficult to see that the entrance of the hotel was at the same location (we were not the only ones that drove to the wrong side of the building).
There was only 1 lady at the front desk and at that time of the day, that was not enough to keep up with everybody that wanted to check in.
Rooms were ok. Not really a place you want to spend more time than needed.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Driving back from Yellowstone and we needed to stop over for one night and I was able to find this place on Priceline and got a rat of $99 per room and I needed two rooms. I asked for nonsmoking and did not care about pool view or no pool view. The first room was quite nice with a newer flat screen and quite large for a room of this size but that was nice. The second room however reeked of smoke so I called the front desk and asked to exchange the room. The kind woman at the front desk was glad to assist me and had no problem changing our room. The second one that she gave us was fine. The rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were also clean and everything worked. The breakfast is minimal but there are eggs and toaster waffles. I did not have a chance to take a dip into the pool however it did look very nice and was quite large and it was attached to the hot tub which also looked very nice. Overall this was a nice stay for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for Pool view
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a convention. The room was clean and quiet. We had been asked at the time of reservation if we wished a pool side room and we had stated no, yet we were by the pool so had no window to the outside. I did not care for that and I felt quite claustrophobic as I had to keep the curtains closed. The toilet seemed in danger of flowing over as it filled to the top and then drained very slowly. The toilet was very close to the tub with the taps on the same end as the toilet which made it very difficult to stick your head under the tap and wash your hair. It would be better if the taps were on the other side or if there was more than 6 inches between the toilet and the tub. Breakfast was good. Internet was slow and spotty quite frequently. The restaurant menu was not exciting and had we not paid for the meals as part of the conference I would have ate elsewhere. Our catered food was not good! Quite disappointing. A number of people mentioned the same. I'm glad I didn't have to pay the full price as I think $120 to $140 a night is quite high and at that price would expect more. It was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWFFmgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fergus Falls, MN, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our facility. We value your compliments as well as critiques. I am disappointed to hear of the dissatisfaction with our conference meals. Our chef, with his team, works very diligently to provide the best quality of food for every group we host. I am sorry that this wasn't the case here. I truly hope you have a chance to stay with us in the future whether it be business or pleasure.

Tom Larson G.M.

Rodeway Inn
#5 of 7 in Fergus Falls
24 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Wahpeton

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fergus Falls, MN? Share your experiences!